ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Nothing from me except please enjoy the new chapter! ❤

"ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪꜱ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ɢʟᴀꜱꜱ ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟꜱ

"Brother mine, how are you feeling right now?"

But he doesn't answer me. Instead, he sits down and wraps his massive, black tail around me, curling up all of his limbs to take a nap.

"You are that far gone that you can't even speak," I murmur as I stroke his tail which gets a small purr out of him. "Are you seriously taking a nap right now?"

Meliodas exhales heavily through his nostrils and the sudden force of the air comes straight at my face so I quickly close my eyes, but my hair is blown back. 

"Damn you," I growl and then shove him playfully. 

A deep rumbling sound surrounds me and it takes me a couple of seconds to realise that my brother is laughing. After this, he shuts his red eyes and his breathing evens out.

Unintentionally, I yawn behind my hand. "Your tiredness is contagious. Looks like I may need a nap myself."

Meliodas has brought me to the top of one of the cliffs which means Mother and Wild will have a clear view of us from down below. I wonder if Meliodas did this on purpose.

Pressing myself further into his tail, I shut my eyes and whisper, "Goodnight, Big Brother."

He grunts softly in response and that is the last thing I hear before sleep takes over my mind.

***

"Well, well, well. You two have been asleep for far too long now. It is time to get up."

Groaning, I blink my eyes open to see my mother's beautiful face smiling down at me with Wild behind her.

"Yeah, dude!" Wild exclaims. "You and your brother have been asleep for at least fifty years!"

"Fifty years?" I repeat as I sit up. "How is that possible?"

"Your bodies right now are very weak," Mum explains as she pushes a strand of my hair away from my face. "Remember that you are simply your mind and Meliodas is his emotions; these are not your real bodies."

"I see," I say as I begin to stretch my body. "Is Meliodas still asleep?"

As I turn around to check on him, Wild answers, "Yeah, he is."

"So what do we do now?" I ask as I stand up and carefully manoeuvre myself around Meliodas's tail. "Got the easy part done; we found Meliodas."

"You will need to find your father who guards the exit of Purgatory," my mother informs me as she stands up as well, dusting herself. "I have always kept an eye on him but he seems to never leave this spot, so I am certain that you will find him there."

"So where exactly is the exit?" I ask once I am finally nowhere near Meliodas's sleeping body.

"I will show you," my mother says softly as she crosses her arms and examines me, something Zeldris always unknowingly does.

"What?" I question when her gaze stays on my face for a while.

"You look a lot like—" She shakes her head and turns away.

"Look like who?" I push gently.

"A lot like your own person." She gives a firm nod. "I'm happy that you do. Come along then. We should get a move on."