Chapter 1

Hope you guys enjoy this story. Here is chapter 1 of They're Only Stories. Also, the whole story is from Anna's point of view.

~ ~ ~

Hi, my name is Anna. I'm currently in my room, reading 'The Man in the Woods'. It's really an interesting scary story. I've always been into scary stories, they're just my favorite type of book.

"Anna!" A familiar voice calls, making me lose my spot in the book where the man was following the girl in the woods.

"ANNA!" The voice calls again, louder this time. Dad. That's who was calling me, I finally realize.

Just as I was about to answer, my door bursts open. My dad is standing there with a not-so-happy look on his face.

"Anna Marie Parker, do you hear me talking to you?"

Oh no, him using my full name meant serious business.

"Sorry Dad, I was reading." I mumble trying to hide the book underneath my hands.

Not a good idea though, my father sees me do this and snatches the book away from me.

"Anna, what is this? 'The Man in the Woods'." He reads the title in an annoying tone.

My dad can be so weird and extremely strict of my every move, and I hate it.

"Erm, yeah, it's really interesting."

Then he reads the back cover and starts flipping through the pages. Suddenly, his face freezes into a very serious look.

"Anna, don't read this. Any type of scary, horror, or paranormal story. They could come true, you know."

With that, my dad just walks out the door and closes it behind him. What did he mean by that? It probably meant nothing, my dad was already really weird and superstitious, it's not like a fake story could really come true, it was dumb nonsense.