Chapter 6

It's been about 2 weeks since Jesse and I got together. I'm glad at how strong our relationship is, I thought it would be weird considering just a short period of time ago we were just friends.

My dad has eased up a bit, so it's a little easier to talk to him.

Although, I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not, but lately I've been going to the woods to have some alone time and I end up leaving every time because I still have the feeling that someone is watching me. But that's not going to stop me from going to the one place where I can forget about the world around me. I just wish that eery feeling would go away.

- - -

I tried to bring this up in the most casual way as possible.

"Jesse, have you ever felt like someone was watching you?"

"If you consider after watching 'The Woman in Black', then yes." He laughed.

"Seriously though, have you?" I urged, I was making this way too obvious.

He narrowed his eyes at me then crossed his arms.

"Something's wrong, isn't there?"

"No, I was just wondering." I stare at the cafeteria floor, showing him that there was something up.

"Come on babe, I know you better than that. Now tell me what's wrong." He grabs my hands in his large ones.

"Ok, ok. I just hate telling you all of my life problems, don't you get annoyed by it?"

"Anna, of course not. I'm there for you, and you're there for me. That is part of a relationship, am I correct?"

I nod and smile, that boy seriously always knew how to cheer me up.

"Ok, well, here's the thing. I've been going to the woods a lot, just to have alone time. I always end up leaving because I feel like someone is watching me."

He stared at nothing, but his eyebrows were furrowed, as if he was concentrating on something that wasn't there.

"See Jesse? I knew telling you would just annoy you. I'm sorry."

"Anna, don't be. I was just thinking of how I hate seeing you stressed, it sure bothers the heck out of me. And maybe you shouldn't go to the woods anymore. Who knows what, or who, is in there." He says lifting my chin so that we are looking eye to eye. Then, he leans in and gives me a short peck on the lips.

"You're a tease, you know that?" I say, pretending to be annoyed.

"Yes, I know I am. But you know you like it." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I just giggle blushing like a weirdo. He was such a dork. A cute, funny, sensitive dork.

And maybe he was right. Maybe I shouldn't go to the woods. But then again, it was my only escape from reality. Decisions, decisions.