Chapter 3

Enjoy the chapter guys. I hope that you guys fan, read, or vote. Any of those is cool ;)

~ ~ ~

I feel like I'm stuck in cement, not being able to move.

"RAAAA!!!!"

I scream at the top of my lungs at the sound of the blood-curdling scream. I turn to see what or who it was.

Jesse.

"JESSE!" I roar at him. He was on the ground, laughing really hard, his face was tomato red.

"You... Should've... Seen... The look on your face!" He says in between big breaths of regaining oxygen.

"I hate you!" I yell, not meaning it, and he knew I was just kidding.

His spiky brown hair was now a mess, with leaves and dirt in it.

I sat on the floor, buried my face in my hands, and pretended to cry. This would be his payback for scaring me like that.

"Ha ha, that was so funny- Anna? Anna are you crying? Oh god, I didn't mean to scare you that much! I'm so sorry!" His voice cracking, full of concern.

He put his hand on my shoulder, and when he did, I screamed a murderous scream. And right in his face.

He jumps back, his face full of fear and shock.

"Jesus, Anna!" He says putting his hand up to his heart.

"And that, Jesse, is what you get when you scare Anna Marie Parker." I smirk with my hands on my hips.

He puts his hands up, in a way of saying 'I surrender.'

"Ok, ok, geeze Anna. Did you want to give me a heart attack?"

"Did you want me to have one?" I snap. "And anyways, we're here to talk about my problem, not giving each other heart attacks." I growl.

"You're right, you're right." He agrees. "So, about your dad, you said he's acting freaky just because of some book you're reading?"

"Pretty much." I say with a sigh. "He says not to read them because they'll actually happen."

"That seems pretty ridiculous."

"I know, and I don't like him being like that." I say, staring at the leaves on the ground.

"Come here." He says, gesturing his arms in a hugging motion.

I get up and curl up into his chest and he wraps his large muscular arms around me. His body was so warm, it comforted me. He uses his hand to brush the hair out of my eyes. I look up at his face, but he is just looking into the woods.

"Thanks Jesse."

"For what?"

"Being there for me. No matter how weird or crazy the situation sounds. Like right now, with my dad and all." I mumble into his chest, playing with the hem of his shirt.

"You know I'll always be there for you, no matter how crazy the situation sounds." He chuckles, his warm breath on my neck.

I wish we could just stay there in our own little world together. Two best friends together, understanding each other so well. Jesse was the best friend I could ever ask for.

~ ~ ~

So did you guys like it? And what's going in between Anna and Jesse? Just friends or more? Keep reading 'They're Only Stories' to find out and I'll update soon!