Prelude

The shoulder of Seraphina's blazer slipped down her arm as she walked outside between buildings to her next class. The courtyard was empty.

Her heart skipped a beat when her eyes landed on Arlo standing at the corner of one of the buildings.

What was he doing here?

She shrugged and prepared to ignore him as she walked past.

"Seraphina, do you have a minute-?" Arlo began as he waved her hand in greeting.

"No." She took a 180 degree turn to avoid him. There were other ways to get to the library for her free. Just longer.

Arlo's footsteps tapped against the concrete of the pavement behind her as she walked away whilst she tried to quicken her pace.

"Hey, wait!" Arlo stated. His hand reached to her shoulder, grabbing her shoulder with a tap and holding her back. "This is important!"

"Arlo." She glanced back to him. "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but it's not funny. And I already told you a long time ago that I don't want anything to do with you or other Royals." She pushed his hand off her shoulder and turned to face him, so she was perpendicular to him. "There's nothing I can do to help, especially now that I'm powerless.

"Please, just leave me alone."

She turned away from him and continued to walk away. She began to format the route that she would take as her feet tapped along the pavement. Arlo didn't follow her.

"John is Joker."

Her eyes snapped open.

He knew that too. Of course, he did. John probably lied about Arlo beating him up.

"I need you to talk to him."

"Arlo." She took a deep breath. She knew John didn't lie about Arlo taking him to Turf Wars. Even if it didn't go how John said, she remembered John after that. "Why did you drag John in to this?"

Her hair flared around as she marched up to Arlo. "I'm sick of your games, Arlo! You should have kept John out of this. You've been trying to destroy our friendship as long as I can remember. I get it. You didn't want me to hang out with him. You don't like how I abandoned my title because of him. But even after everything you've done; after all your lies and manipulation; after getting me suspended; then dragging him out to a field and ambushing him; you assume that I would agree with whatever you want me to do!"

Arlo stared at her with wide eyes.

"He was just minding his own business! What did he do to you that you needed to drag him out to that field to ambush him? You're the king! You were supposed to be above all that!"

He remained silently as she paused for a beat.

"You didn't help John earlier. Why do you expect me to help you?"

She looked up to him, so there blue eyes met. He remained silent, a drop of sweat running down his jaw. He was thinking. She didn't care.

She prepared to turn away from him when he began to speak again. She rested back on her heel and remained to look at him.

"You knew John had an ability."

A/N: New fanfiction for unOrdinary. I don't know how often I will update. It's probably going to be whilst I'm on hiatus for Golden Child.

In the next chapter, there'll be some clarifications to some of the details that makes this work.