Chapter 11

Seraphina walked by John's side as they strolled along during break.

John hadn't talked about his ability anymore since she told him that he could trust him. She didn't know if he didn't trust her or didn't want to talk about it.

"Really?" Sera asked. Her magenta hair floated behind her. "There isn't a single thing you like more about dorm life?"

"Nope, it absolutely sucks," he answered. His hands were stuffed in his trouser pockets. "I feel like I have no breathing room. No personal space at all."

"Hm, and how's Blyke treating you now?"

"Uh, he's really weird-."

John's eyes caught on something ahead of them. Following his gaze, a crowd of students had gathered around the notice board, which had never happened before.

"What's this about?" John questioned to her.

"Hm, who knows?" she replied. "But if it's gonna cause a jam that big, it better be good..."

They began to walk past the group, altering their path to go around them.

"No way!"

Sera looked towards the board.

"I thought they were just rumours, but it turns out it's really true!"

In the centre of the board, an article was written. It wasn't a poster – the writing was too small – and at the end of the article was a photo – the photo taken of her by the lime twin bun girl.

"No wonder she's been acting so weird."

"Doesn't this mean she can be beaten now?"

One head turned around to face them as John eyes went wide. Then another head followed and another until they were all looking at them.

"Woah!"

"Speak of the devil..."

John pushed through the crowed of students and a path formed for him to the board. He reached up to the poster and tore it down, ripping it from the board.

"No use trying to get rid of them," she stated, walking up to Joh. "They're probably plastered all over the school by now." John went silent. "John?"

He grabbed her arm and yanked her in one direction, towards him and where he faced towards. "Let's get out of here."

Huh?

"Wait, John-?" she started as John began to drag her forward.

"Hurry!"

And John began to run! Or semi-run as she stumbled to keep up with him.

"It really is true!"

John's only going to make this situation worse.

"Look at them run away like that!"

He was only going to confirm it to them.

"Anyone gonna try and go after them?"

Footsteps began to race up to them, quickly catching up.

Suddenly, they stop as John let go of her arm and swivelled back to face where they had come from.

Two guys with blue and green auras charged towards them.

The first guy with the green aura and hair threw his fist at John, which swung over John's shoulder. John grabbed his arm at the elbow and held him still whilst he kicked him in the stomach, the bone of his calf hitting his waist.

Then the other blue haired guy leapt up over the green guy and prepared a kick only for John to duck and raised his fist to hit the guy in the jaw as he came down. He fell into the green haired guy.

"Ugh!"

She stared at them from behind John.

He took down both of them quickly without using his ability!

John pushed at her shoulder, forcing her to turn around and start running again.

"head towards the stairs!" John yelled. "More of them will follow us!"

"What-?"

"Gogogo!"

They ran again together – Sera a foot or two ahead of John – until John's hand came down on her shoulder.

"Sera!" John shouted as he slammed her into the wall on one side of the corridor. "Watch out!"

Her back hit the wall first and then John's hands slammed into the wall next to her, a bright green laser having just hit his back instead of her.

He took the hit for me.

"John?" she questioned as she turned around to face him.

He grimaced in pain.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

Why ask that? He got hit by the laser!

"Uh... Yeah?" she replied. She stared at him.

John. You didn't need to do that!

A powered up fist was thrown into John's face. He gruntedas he was thrown away from her body and into the floor.

"TRY RUNNING AWAY AGAIN!" the green haired student – the one who had thrown the punch – shouted. "MORON!"

What can I do?

She gulped.

"so damn slippery!" he whined. John pushed himself up to sitting with a large bruise welling up in purple on the right side of his face. "Don't think I forgot our encounter! You got away then, but now I get another chance to stomp you! Hmm? Whatcha lookin' at? Think you can still scare me even with no one ot defend you? Think again, buddy!"

Sera walked up to the green haired mid-tier and shoved his shoulder. It pushed his upper body back a bit, but he held firm in grounding.

"Ah, what gives?" he complained. Then their eyes met.

She stood in front of John. "Both of you, back off!"

"Uh."

She held firm through their stares, frowning.

Both of them snickered.

"And what if we don't?" he questioned. "What are you gonna do, hm? You don't have any abilities, Seraphina!"

He stared to light up his fist as the other's gold eyes glowed.

"HEY! YOU TWO!" yelled Blyke. She glanced down the corridor to where Blyke stood. There was always a reason she chose him as Jack. When some elites would just ignore this, he wouldn't. "CUT IT OUT!" He stood in front of another student with light pink hair. Supposedly green laser guy. "That's enough fighting! Everyone, go to class."

A/N: Sera and John are so cute in this scene.

Anyway, I'll be writing the 3k one-shot next and then the next chapter.