She Knows

A/N: Multiple point of views

Isen still sat in the bed at the infirmary and prayed that Remi and Blyke did not come back at that exact moment. The curtain had been redrawn once Arlo and Elaine left, but John was still there. Joker was still there. He could pounce at any moment.

... Whether it would be for overhearing a secret between him and Seraphina, or an intimate scene...

It sounded to be an intimate scene.

Heck, I didn't know they were dating.

"I know you, John," he heard Seraphina say. A statement that particularly stood out to him. "I know you're lying to me."

Fuck, what was the previous thing she said? What lie did she mean?

Then John spilled the beans on Arlo. Something he hadn't even known, but wasn't overly surprising. However, it was likely only what John knew – he actually doubted that Arlo hadn't started looking straight away, but instead just didn't tell John he was looking. He didn't think it was the right thing as it lead to situation like this, but he didn't want John intervening either.

Seraphina shouted in exclamation – it clearly was unexpected. What was she expecting him to say? What did she know?

Blyke sat on his bed, having recovered from his beating from Joker. He held his left hand up to look at and the start of laser beams glowed red at three fingertips.

It's been a couple of days already and I'm only able to shoot out of three fingers. This isn't a technique that can be perfected on the spot. Joker... Whoever this guy is, he's well-versed in combat and he's been exposed to countless abilities. He may have hidden himself all this time, but he's been watching and analysing all of us. To be able to utilise an ever-changing skill-set so effectively. There's no doubt he's in a league of his own. But regardless we have to reveal his true identity to the public.

He clasped his fist tightly.

The school won't be at peace without a proper answer. He sighed. I wonder how long he can retain abilities for? It isn't permanent. Otherwise, he would've started our fight off with Isen's ability. Does he keep an ability with him at all times? What's he like when the abilities he collects wear off?

The door to the entire dorm clicked open.

"Huh?"

He stood up and walked up to his door. He opened the door to his bedroom and stood in the doorway.

"Hey," he greeted to John. John walked in the hallway of the dormroom with a brown bag slung over his shoulder. "Welcome back-."

He cut himself off and stared.

John was the same height as Joker; he was the same build with well-built arms, and he knew a lot of hand-to-hand combat.

John...

"What are you staring at?!!" John shouted at him. Naturally aggressive. It wouldn't be surprising if he just didn't stop.

"No-nothing..." he replied. "Uh... I still have homework. Bye."

He slammed his door shut and turned into his room. Then he slid down the back.

John was in the perfect position to observe everyone. He thought most of the mid-tiers, so he would know how many different types of abilities worked and tactics for similar preforming abilities. He would know which abilities worked best. As well, everyone knew he was a cripple. No one would suspect he had ability.