▪️21▪️

Hold On Darling

12 Hours Later

There was a moment in time where I thought I'd finally escaped my past, but come to find out, it never leaves you.

The past is like a dark bulky shadow that haunts you no matter where you go, but if you shed enough light, eventually you'll see it.

I've been running away from my past for over eight months now thinking it'd be easier to just run away and hide from my problems, but it always comes back to bite you sooner or later.

Last night was chaotic. We regrouped back at Matthew's place so that Stick could patch Elektra up and come to find out, he already knew her almost her entire life. The thought of Stick meddling with Elektra's mind as a young girl up until now and using her for his own personal gain troubled Matthew to the max. They went at it all night. Stick sat down and tried to explain to Matt the story behind the Chase and the Hand and how they came to be, but of course Matt didn't believe him. He thought it was a load of fairytale.

Not like I hadn't heard that before.

Frank thought the same thing when I tried to explain to him about my past and what happened to Michael.

That being said, I couldn't bring myself to intervene or persuade Matthew to see otherwise because I knew he'd already made up his mind that Stick was lying.

Stick, however, argued that he wasn't but quickly turned the tables onto me and started lecturing me about how much of a disappointment I was to the Chaste and to him. He then critiqued that I had turned soft like Matthew and said to stop playing fantasyland and to come back to the real world—to come back home with the Chaste.

Although the offer frightened me, a part of me didn't want to go back just yet because I knew if I were leave with Stick, per his request, then I'll never have a chance to see what would happened between Frank and I. Deep down I could feel something between us despite our recent argument, and I didn't wanna leave just yet until I knew for certain that that something that I felt was actually nothing.

In truth, ever since Karen swung by last night, all I could think about was Frank and the Castle case. The trial was today and Matt gave me no choice but to attend with him since this was the final hearing.

Karen had addressed us last night that Frank would be taking the stand today and how Foggy could use Matthew's help. Unfortunately, she also stumbled upon Elektra lying in Matt's bed along with me by her side which undoubtedly painted a disturbing scene in her head. The way her eyes glossed with tears and turned stone cold as she recoiled against Matthew's pleas told me everything I needed to know.