▪18▪

A/N: "I know what I must do." XD

Thanks to the lovely, wonderful and creative, CrazyAngelOfPizza. I finally know where this story shall go.

Once again, if you allow me to take a moment of your time, I would like to dedicate these last (maybe) 5-6 chapters to CrazyAngelOfPizza because like I said, I would be lost not knowing where these next few chapters are going if it wasn't for her.

And I also want to show some love to all the other lovely people who've voted, commented and continued reading this book. Rest assured, I will not let you down. You guys in here for a surprise. You ready? Hahaa, let's get this show on the road.
.
.
.

Torn Apart

"That sounds like a lot of horseshit to me."

"How could you say that? It's real! Why don't you believe me?"

"Because it's not real-"

"So, what! Everything I told you about Michael meant nothing to you?"

"...You know what? I did care about your feelings..why do you think I even cared to listen in the first place? But fuck my sympathy, right? Yea, I'll remember not to feel sorry for you next time."

***

I shake my head vigorously, holding the sides of my head as I desperately willed the sound of his voice to go away, but it didn't. It stayed and repeated itself, over and over again to no end leaving me with nothing but a reminder of how hard his words struck me.

"Why does it hurt so much?" I whimpered as I placed a hand over my heart. Closing my eyes, I suck in a deep breath before letting it out, hoping it'll help lessen the pain. But it only made me realize how heavy my heart felt. It sank to the bottom of my stomach like an anchor dropped at sea; cold, lonely, and detached from its roots.

I open my eyes only to be met by the front door of the office:

'Nelson and Murdock: Attorneys at Law'

It read on the wooden door. I was at a place I thought I could go to to escape my problems. But now that I think about it, everything I'm trying to escape from has to do with work and our client.

At the time, it sounded like a good idea getting lost into my work but now that I'm here, I'm second guessing myself. Should I even be at work? What could I be possibly doing that doesn't involved his name or anything to do with him?