▪09▪

The Rooftop Pt 2

30 minutes later

The rusty hinges of an old door squeaks open like fingertips on a chalkboard and out walks our captor.

The Punisher also known as Frank, marches over to his pile of tools and picks up a roll of duct tape and a small pistol.

I silently watch as he walks in front of Matt and duct tapes the pistol to his right hand, securing it tightly while Matt is still knocked out.

I open my mouth to speak but decide against it. Best way to understand what he's doing besides him telling me is by observing on my own. I watch as he takes a few steps back, eyes flickering onto me and then back to Matthew as he waits for him to wake up.

A few minutes later, I hear Matt groaning beside me, slowly waking up. The first thing he notices is the pistol duct taped to his hand with his finger on the trigger.

".357, one round in the chamber. Some things, they just..they feel right in your hands, huh? I know what you're thinking, Red. You could put a round in my arm, in my leg, but it's not gonna work, cause I'm all geared up. Only way you stop me is with a head shot." Frank said.

"I'm not gonna shoot you." Matt said, shaking his head.

"Nope. Not yet you're not." Frank storms over to the rooftop exit and pulls open the door. The sound of another person being tugged and pulled in my direction is heard. "Time to put a face to all your fancy talk about redemption." Frank said, shoving a man towards our feet.

"Elliot Grote, a.k.a. Grotto." Frank pulls the man up in a sitting position so we can see his face.

"Grotto?" I mumble with wide eyes.

"I don't wanna die." Grotto begged, his face contorted in fear. "Please, you know me." He said towards me. "You gotta help me." He pleaded, looking me in the eye.

"What did you do to him?" Matt hollered, angrily.

"I caught this piece of shit stealing a car, trying to skip town." Frank responded.

"I was scared. I'm sorry, I was running for my life." Grotto stammered. Frank shoves his foot across Grotto's face making him grunt in pain.

"Shut up." Frank demanded.

"Stop it, Frank. He doesn't deserve to die, just cause you caught him stealing cars." Matt pleaded.

"Is that what you think?"

"It's up to the law, not us and not you!" Matt shouts.

"Why don't you tell them a little bit about yourself?" Frank proceeded, turning his head back to Grotto.