▪13▪

Gotta Find My Way Back

My body felt numb and weak, as I climbed out of the darkness and slowly opened my eyes, squinting as the bright sunlight glared at me.

Where am I?

My thoughts were tangled in my mind. Last thing I remembered, I was.. I was... I can't remember. The pounding in my head won't allow me to think straight. I couldn't remember where I was, or who was there with me, or how I gotten there, but the one thing that stood out like a sore thumb was how much pain I was in. My body ached like a train had rammed into me with no remorse.

"Hazel," A feminine voice whispered, jolting me from my thoughts. "You're awake."

Glancing to my right, I saw a blurry figure of a woman clad in all black, smiling warmly at me. "Where... where am I?" I croaked, my voice dry.

She stretches her arm out and grips my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Shhh, you're safe now. Everything's going to be ok. I'm here now."

I blink my eyes numerous times to clear my vision, and used the back of my left hand to rid any sleep that threatened my eyesight. Slowly, things became clearer and my vision returned.

The woman beside me smiled warmly, showing off her pearly white teeth. She looked more mature and older than I last saw her. Yet, she still had that certain kind of dark and mysterious aura around her.

"It's been a long time since I've seen your face." I said hoarsely.

"Things haven't changed, have they?" She hands me a glass of water from off the nightstand and I gladly take it, downing a few gulps.

I gently hand it back to her and chuckle softly. "I don't know.. are you still a pain in the ass?"

She chuckles deeply. "I have a knack for pissing people off, you get used to it."

I crack a smile. "Same old, Elektra huh?"

"No, I'm the new and improved Elektra. You just haven't seen it yet."

"It won't take long until I do."

"Damn right." A familiar male voice says, entering the room. I smiled at the sight of Ryan coming up to me and giving me a light hug. "How are you feeling?" He asked with a look of concern.

I groan as I slowly sit myself up. "Sore, but after today, I should be back up and running."

"Good." Elektra grinned. "I'm going to need you at a meeting at Roxxon Corporation tomorrow."

"Elektra, she just got back from being tortured." Ryan lectured. "Now, I know it's something you both are used to getting, but even after the twenty-four hour treatment I think she should still take it slow."