▪08▪

The Rooftop Pt 1

My mind is fuzzy, the last hour a blur. With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus, cautiously opening one eye. As I feel a cool breeze lightly brush against my skin, I instantly reach up to feel my face.

Feeling that my mask is still on my face, I sigh in relief. Glimpsing over to my right, I notice a solid wall beside me. So I turn my head and look straight up. The night sky peering back down at me.  One thing was for certain.. I was still outside.

Dangling noises echoed through the air and I found myself searching for the source. The sound of metal clanking against each other grew louder and immediately, I glance over to my left.

From afar, I recognized that Matthew Murdock was chained against a brick chimney wall, struggling to get free. His suit was still on him just like mine were.

I let out a shaky breath before slowly lifting my head off of something soft and letting my hair tumble down my back like a waterfall. Slowly, I ease  my body into a sitting position, leaning against a wall. I groan in pain as my hand immediately shoots to my side, hovering over my wound.

"Easy there, sweetheart." A voice warned me.

I follow the voice up to the source and instantly find my breath get caught in my throat.

It was the Punisher.

That's when it all came crashing down on me. Last hour's events flashing through my head like a motion picture. I remember us fighting him on a rooftop. Bullets were blazing and then suddenly we fell through a ceiling window and I got injured.

My eyes shift from his gaze over to my wound and I lift up my shirt, halfway, examining it. It was bandaged.

A metal clanking sound draws my attention away from my wound and over to my wrist where a metal cuff had been chained to. As my eyes followed down the chain, I found the other end was wrapped around a pole.

 As my eyes followed down the chain, I found the other end was wrapped around a pole

[A/N: Pretend it's a pole :p]

I sigh before looking over to my left to watch the Punisher, who's sitting on top of something covered by a cloth, pour himself a cup of brown liquid.