PART SIX

I WOKE UP WITH the worst headache, and on top of that, I think I'm about to start my period, because I woke up to use the bathroom last night and cried

    I WOKE UP WITH the worst headache, and on top of that, I think I'm about to start my period, because I woke up to use the bathroom last night and cried. I cried over a boy. That never happens, I must be broken.

"Amar, get your ass up. You're gonna be late for school." Georgia came into my room and opened my curtains.

I groaned, covering my eyes with a pillow. "I don't wanna go. Can't I just stay home?"

"What's wrong, amor?" She sat down on my bed, taking the pillow off of my face.

I contemplated telling her everything, but decided against it. "I just have a really bad headache. Please, mom. You know I wouldn't ask unless it was serious."

She sat, thinking it over for a good minute. "I guess you can stay home, just this once."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you mom." She smiled at me, walking out of my room and closing the door behind her.

✿   ✿   ✿

I woke back up sometime later with the headache still there. I looked at my phone and it read one PM. Great, I slept half the day away. I got out of bed and hopped in the shower, washing off the events from the night before.

I didn't realize I had taken an hour long shower, I guess I needed it after the shit day I'd been having. Once I was out of the shower, I got dressed and laid back in bed, staring up at the ceiling. "What has my life become?" I got out of bed and walked over to my window, looking at the house across the street. I wonder if Marcus is home yet.

My phone started ringing from my nightstand, making me jump. I dragged my feet over to my bed and grabbed my phone, rolling over onto my stomach. "Hey amor, you feeling better?"

"A little, I suppose." I sighed, trying to get in a better mood.

"Well enough to come down and meet your sister and I for a quick lunch date?" I furrowed my eyebrows, pulling my phone away from my face to check the time.

"Mom, it's two-ten." I laughed, putting my phone back to my ear.

"Okay, so linner." She chuckled. "Can you meet us somewhere?"

"It might take me a while if I have to walk there."

"Get your little bad boy boyfriend to give you a ride on his skateboard." My smile dropped.

"Right. Yeah, I might to that." I lied. "Where am I meeting you guys?"

"It's called the Blue Farm Café, it's on-"

"Oh, yeah, I know where that is." I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face when I thought about that place.

"Oh, okay. Well, I love you. See you soon."

"Love you too." I hung up, grabbing my shoes and sliding them on. I walked downstairs, wondering how I was gonna get there. I walked outside, closing the door behind me.