PART SEVEN

I FELT MYSELF BEING shook awake and groaned

I FELT MYSELF BEING shook awake and groaned. "Go away mom, five more minutes." I turned on my side.

"Shh." Despite being in a tired and confused state, I managed to open my eyes. I gasped upon seeing Marcus standing beside me, to which he slapped his hand over my mouth. "Shh." He repeated, taking his hand away from my mouth.

"What are you doing in my room this early?" I whisper shouted.

"You're in my room, dork." He whispered, sitting beside me on his bed. I took a minute to look around.

"Why am I in your bed?" I gasped again, sitting up. "We didn't..." I pointed between the two of us, hoping he'd catch on.

"No." He chuckled. "We just fell asleep."

"Oh." I let out a breath of relief.

"You look cute when you sleep." He said, walking over to his dresser and messing with something on it.

Despite my heart rate steadily increasing at the words that just left his mouth, I was able to remain calm on the outside. "So, you don't think I look cute when I'm awake?" I pouted, mocking what he did two nights prior.

"Shut up." He walked over to me, picking up a pillow and hitting me in the arm with it.

"Oh, you wanna go there?" I challenged, picking up another pillow.

"Woah, easy, Miller. Put the pillow down. I'm warning you."

I raised my eyebrows, slowly lifting the pillow, and then striking him in the arm with it. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"Alright." He held his hands up in defeat, backing away. He suddenly ran back over to me and grabbed the pillow, hitting me all over, and me the same to him.

This lasted for a couple of minutes before Marcus managed to pin me on his bed, and snatch the pillow from my hands. "Defeat!" He cheered.

"Okay, you won." I laughed. "Now get off of me." I tried pushing him off, but failed.

"Never." He laid on me, putting his full body weight on me.

"Marcus." I groaned. He chuckled, turning to look at me. Then it happened. Our movie moment where we're face to face, about to kiss, and we both know it too. It's like time stops specifically for us... and then my phone rings.

"Shit." I grabbed my phone as Marcus rolled off of me, watching me answer it. "Hey, Ginny. Yeah, I'll be right over." I hung up. "I gotta go." I made my way to the window, pausing to look back at him. "I'll see you later?" He nodded.

✿   ✿   ✿

I was walking the halls with Ginny, making our way to our lockers. We passed Norah and Abby, completely ignoring them. "What'd they do, again?"