PART THIRTEEN

"I take it your mom won't be too fond of you sneaking in this early

      "I take it your mom won't be too fond of you sneaking in this early." I looked over to see that same lady from Joe's café sitting on my couch.

"What are you doing here?" My eyes were wide.

"I'm your aunt." She shrugged, leaning back against the couch.

"Mom?" I yelled, running up the stairs. I slammed her door open, making her jump up in bed. "You said all of your family was dead. Everyone. You never even mentioned you have a sister, why?"

"Don't get mad at me, missy. You're the one that never came home last night."

"Oh, so I stayed the night with Max, big deal. You lied about family."

"When are you gonna tell her our parents are alive?" The same woman stood in the doorway of her room.

"Maddie!"

"I don't understand! Why do you lie about the simplest stuff? You could've told me and Ginny and everything would've been fine."

"It's complicated, amor." She slumped.

I walked over to her bed and landed on my back, letting out a big sigh. "You're not hiding anything else, right?"

"I promise." She stuck her pinky out. "You took it way better than Ginny."

"What'd Ginny say?" I sat up.

"Oh, you know. You're trash, I'm never going to be anything like you."

"She what?" I stood up, walking to Ginny's room where she sat on her bed. "Don't you ever talk to my mom like that again."

"She lied, Amarilla. What else is she lying about?"

A flashback of my conversation with Georgia from yesterday morning crossed my mind. "Maybe she had a reason to hide it, but that doesn't give you any right to call her trash."

"Whatever." She walked out of her room, bumping my shoulder on the way out.

"What a bitch." I hummed under my breath. I walked downstairs and poured myself a cup of coffee, sitting at the table.

"Amor, why don't you take the day off? Stay home. I know I've just sprung a lot of information on you and you must have a hangover from last night's party." Georgia spoke up from the counter, pouring herself a glass of coffee.

"Really? Thanks. I'll probably head over to Joe's café around noon for my shift." I sipped my coffee.

Georgia shook her head. "Joe is gonna fire you for working too much."

"What? He loves me. I'm like the Sam to his Bucky, the Louis to his Liam, the Bonnie to his Damon."

"Huh?"

"Nothing." I chuckled. "I'm gonna go back to sleep for a little. I'll see you later."

✿ ✿ ✿