PART EIGHT

I WOKE UP LATE, rushing to get dressed

            I WOKE UP LATE, rushing to get dressed. "Shit, shit, shit." I grabbed the first things out of my closet that I could find, and combed my fingers through my hair.

I ran down the stairs, snatching a piece of bacon from Georgia's plate and making my way to my book bag. "Woah, slow your roll. What are you wearing?" She popped her hip, giving me the mom stare.

I looked down at my outfit. A black cropped v-neck and a red skirt. "What?" I shoved my black converses on.

"That shirt doesn't look too short to you?"

"No? It's a crop top, mom, they're supposed to be short." I rolled my eyes, picking up my bag and heading to the door.

"Short to the point where I can almost see your boobs?"

"What? Mom, they're totally covered. The girls are secured." I closed the door, walking outside. I heard her open the door.

"You're going to that sleepover thing tomorrow, by the way."

"What? I don't even have a say in it?" I turned around, looking at her.

"Your sister's going, your going." She shrugged, closing the door. I groaned, turning back around.

"Trouble in paradi-" Marcus cut himself off, walking up to me. "Where's the rest of your outfit?"

"What, this isn't enough?"

"It looks like you're modeling for playboy." He laughed. "Here." He shrugged his jacket off, handing it to me.

"Oh, I don't need it."

"Take it." I sighed, taking his jacket and putting it on. "You still have my other jacket, by the way." We started walking to the bus stop.

"Right, from the night you..." I didn't finish my sentence.

"The night I?"

"Let's hurry, we'll miss the bus." He grabbed my hand, making my heart explode.

"We're not taking the bus." He pulled me around a corner, away from the bus stop.

"You seriously wanna walk to school? Marcus, that's literally gonna take forever."

"Stop nagging, dork. We're not going to school." He shot me a smile.

"Oh, no."

✿   ✿   ✿

"We skipped school to skate?" I sat my bag down as we walked into an empty skate park. "I didn't bring my skateboard. I don't even know where it is."

"Relax." I forgot he was holding my hand until he let go of it. He walked over to a bush and pulled a board out from it. "I always got a back up."