PART NINE

WE FINALLY GOT TO the school and made our way up to the entrance, where Max's mom and our mom stood

WE FINALLY GOT TO the school and made our way up to the entrance, where Max's mom and our mom stood. "Girls!"

"M-A-N-G-A. What's MANGA?" Max's mom tried pronouncing it.

"MANGA. Like mango, but with an A. And can you just, like, not? But, I love you, and I'm super grateful to be here." Max told her mom, smiling.

Georgia leaned over to Ginny and I. "Maybe Ellen and I should make matching shirts."

"Mom, stop." I shook my head.

"You're embarrassing us." Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Y'all are the GA in MANGA, and I'm embarrassing?"

"Okay, mom. Behave, we're leaving before Ginny gives you the usual talk." I pulled Ginny toward the group, walking into the school.

"Okay, this is even better than I could have imagined." Max gushed.

"Holy crap, this is carnival on crack."

"No kidding." I looked around, taking in the looks of the place. My thoughts were interrupted once Hunter walked over to us.

"So, I staked out a spot for us, scoped out the joint, and came up with a game plan."

"I love a game plan." Ginny smiled, resulting in me making a barfing noise, earning glares from the two.

"Hey, I love a game plan too. Here's my plan, let's get weird!" We cheered, running to the dance floor and dancing.

Max pulled us off of the dance floor, and dragged us over to the photo booth where we all sat on each other's laps, and waited for the light to flash.

Hunter popped his head in. "Hey, gals. Mind if I get one with Ginny?"

"Of course!" We got out of the booth, and walked back to the dance floor. Soon enough, Ginny and Hunter came back, and we all started dancing again.

While I was in the middle of dancing, I felt someone touch my arm. "Hi, have you seen Marcus anywhere?" It was his mom.

"No-" Max cut me off.

"Go away, mom!" She pushed her away,!and she walked back over to my mom.

I looked back at the group, before walking over to them. "Would you like me to look for him?"

"I couldn't ask that. You should be having fun with your friends." She smiled, pointing to them. I saw Brodie wave me over.

"Marcus is my friend. I'll let you know if I find him." I walked off.

I was checking everywhere. The photo booth, the hallways, behind the bleachers. The only place I hadn't checked was the boy's bathroom, for obvious reasons. I sighed, sitting on a bench in the hallway.