Chapter 2- The Team

A/N:
Thank you for reading! Please make sure to vote for my story and leave any suggestions in the comments! In this story, I'm going to skip the whole 3-on-3 match and have the entire team be together at the beginning of this story so sorry about that! Love you all!

Y/N POV
He simply smiled.

"Oh, p-please don't worry about it Kageyama-san. I understand. I don't really have any friends in this class either..." he chuckled whilst rubbing the back of his neck. His lips curled up into a small smile while he waited for your response.

You smiled as you looked down and turned your head to him, "Well, we could be friends Azumane-san!" You replied brightly, looking into his deep brown eyes. He jumped a bit seeing your bright smile, a soft pink dusted his cheeks, but you didn't notice.

"Y-yeah sure!" He seemed a bit hesitant in his reply which made your smile slightly fade.

'Maybe I freaked him out. I shouldn't be too forward...plus who even asks someone to be friends straight up? That's totally lame.' you thought as you absentmindedly dropped your head to look down at your lap.

Asahi's POV

I saw y/n turn down to look at her lap sadly and cursed myself. I wanted to be friends, but when she turned to me with her bright smile I got flustered. I didn't want her to see my blush either so I turned my head away. Oh, I hope she doesn't hate me now. I couldn't help but worry.

"K-kagey-" I quietly mumbled but was cut off by the teacher walking into the classroom. 'I'll talk to her after school.' I thought as I grabbed my notebook and pencil, but not before sneaking a peek at y/n who seemed to be back to her normal self.

-Time Skip to afterschool-

Y/N POV

I closed up my notebook and frantically began shoving my supplies in my backpack before I stood up to exit the classroom. 'I hope no one is occupying the music room today... I don't want to play in front of everyone, plus I have to pick up Tobio from practice..' you began to walk out of the classroom caught up in your thoughts until you heard a voice.

"See you tomorrow Kageyama-san!"

You turned your head towards the voice to see Asahi waving at you. You smiled brightly at the boy, returning the favor.

"See ya Azumane-san!!" you said as you waved your hand back at him before you sprinted down the hall, hoping to get to the music room before anyone else did. As you turned the corner, you saw Tobio at the vending machine staring longingly at the milk. You sighed, knowing that he would come to bother you later if you didn't do it now.

You walked up to your brother before grabbing his hand and placing some coins in it. "I knew you would ask later so here you go. OH- but you owe me one!" you said as he looked up to you with a surprised look on his face. You were being awfully nice today... he wondered why. "Thanks, onii-chan," Tobio said as he inserted the coins into the vending machine.

You tussled his hair and he smacked your hand away. He hated when you did that, which is exactly why you would never stop.

Rolling your eyes you reminded him, "I'll be at the gym to pick you up later so we can walk home together!" He simply nodded, too occupied with the milk.

Luckily, when you arrived at the music room, no one was there. You took off your bags and sat down at the grand piano.

As soon as you sat down you sighed, letting out all of the stress that you had collected through the day. You ran your fingers along the keys, knowing the magic that hid below them.

You decided you would play your favorite song, (f/s). As your fingers pressed the keys and the music rang in your ears, you could feel nothing but peace as the music coursed through your veins. You hummed along to the song, adding a beautiful touch as your soft voice swirled with the rough, yet tender, sounds from the piano.

You continued like this for what seemed like only an hour or so, but it was now many hours later and time to pick up Tobio.

You glanced at the clock on the wall which read 7 pm. 'Shit, I have to run' you thought as you got up from the piano, grabbed your bags, and ran to the boy's volleyball gym.

When you arrived, you nervously peeked your head through the door. You looked around the see a gym of boys staring back at you.

"A GIRL!" was the first thing you heard from a boy with a shaven head. You widened your eyes as you saw him and another boy staring at you awestruck.

"SHE'S ALMOST AS BEAUTIFUL AS KIYOKO-SENPAI!" was the second thing you heard from a boy with a small streak of blonde hair falling in front of his eyes.

You started backing up nervously but not before the two boys started running at you.

You stumbled back and fell on the ground as Daichi caught and held the two boys by the backs of the shirts.

"Noya and Tanaka we've talked about this before!" Daichi's voice boomed through the gym. You stared at him wide-eyed, you never knew he could be that loud - and the team went silent as well.

"Everyone, this is Kageyama y/n. Tanaka and Noya, apologize to y/n-chan," he said as he pushed the two boys in front of you to help you up.

"Sorry y/n-chan!" Tanaka and Noya cried bowing at a 90-degree angle in front of you as you still sat on the floor. They each reached a hand out to help you get up and you obliged, standing up and taking a look at the other team members.

"Kageyama y/n?!" An orange-haired boy yelled as he turned to Tobio, "are you related to y/n?" he asked.

"BOKE Hinata of course I am! She's my sister!" Kageyama yelled as he chopped Hinata on the back of the head.

You recognized the faces of Suga, Kiyoko, and Daichi as well as your brother, but there was another face that you knew. You smiled.

"Hey, Azumane-san! Long time no see huh!" you called over to Asahi as he got a few looks of surprise from Suga and Daichi.

"Oh, hi Kageyama-san," Asahi replied shyly. He scratched the back of his neck with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Also hi everyone, please just call me y/n! I was just here to pick up Tobio. I'm sorry for the intrusion." you said as you bowed to the team.

"Y/n please don't worry about it," Daichi reassured you as he patted you on the back, "you're always welcome to come and watch! Plus, we could always use another manager if you're up for it."

A/N
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! As I mentioned, this is a slow burn and I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit boring, I wanted to develop y/n's relationship with her brother and focus a bit on the music before we get into the romance. I promise that will be coming soon! Again if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments or message me! Thank you all so much! <3