Chapter 5- Forgetful

"Don't forget!" He called out to me before walking down the hallway to his classroom.

Y/N POV:

Class dragged on throughout the day as usual, the few glimpses of a good time being my few interactions with Azumane-san.

I, however, was completely distracted by my never-ceasing thoughts.

'What if I'm not a good manager? Will the team hate me? I can't afford to lose the friends I just made, especially the one who sits next to me. Imagine how awkward that would be. AH! What if Tobio hates me being on the team with him...' My thoughts continued to swirl around my head as I stared blankly at the board in front of me, not noticing that students were getting up to go to lunch.

"Kageyama-san..."

"Uhhh Kageyama-san?" I felt a light tap on my shoulder and shook my head back into reality.

I looked to the side to see Azumane-san leaned over the aisle, hand close to my shoulder before he quickly pulled it away and looked sheepishly back at me.

"It's lunchtime Kageyama-san, I think you were spaced out a bit." He chuckled.

"Oh- sorry Azumane-san... I was just thinking about Daichi's offer. Also please call me y/n! I don't want to be confused with my brother in front of the team, he's a bit of a menace." I replied, my hands sliding up my face and finding their way to get tangled in my h/c hair as I leaned on my desk.

"O-okay y/n-chan! You should call me Asahi while you're at it as well, most of the team calls me by my first name anyways." He said as he shifted in his seat, reaching down to grab his bento out of his backpack.

I looked over at Asahi's bento and my stomach dropped. 'I forgot mine at home when I was trying to avoid morning Tobio...'

"So..." I said as I pulled out the strawberry milk I got from the vending machine this morning out of my backpack,

"What position do you play in volleyball? I'm not particularly well versed in sports, sorry about that."

I shoved the straw into the milk carton and took a sip.

"Oh, I'm the Ace of the team." Asahi replied, looking over to you and frowning when he saw you pull out only a strawberry milk for lunch.

"Woah that sure sounds important! So what does the Ace d-" I said, sipping on my milk before I was cut off by Asahi.

"Do you have a lunch y/n-chan? Sorry for interrupting you, I just- aren't you hungry?"

He looked over at me with concern lacing his face, his eyebrows furrowed.

I looked back at him, surprised he said something, or even paid that close attention that he would notice.

I laughed, "Ahaha well uh- no I don't. I was kinda in a rush this morning and I forgot it at home. I doubt Tobio grabbed it for me either."

I looked out the window, wondering if it would even be worth it to run down to the first-year wing to ask my brother.

Asahi cleared this throat and I turned back to him to see him holding out his bento, offering me some of his lunch.

I was quite surprised that someone I just met would do something so kind for me.

"Oh- Asahi you really don't have to! I'm really not all that hungry," I smiled back at him, "Plus you need that energy for volleyball club right?"

He looked back at me surprised, maybe because I turned down his offer or maybe because I thought of his needs, but he retracted his bento from my reach.