Chapter 22 - Linked Pinkies

'This girl.'

Y/N POV:

"Okay, but do you think I should play Mozart, Chopin, or Debussy?"

"Y/n, I have no clue who those people are...besides Mozart."

"They're composers Asahi!" I dropped the pages of sheet music that I was holding into the pile that was slowly building up around me on the floor, my hands flying to rub my eyes, "Why does this have to be so stressful?"

University was quickly approaching, and with that, so were my auditions for all of the schools I was applying for.

Unfortunately, since I had joined the volleyball team because of a certain someone, I had utterly neglected finding the music I wanted to perform for those auditions.

I still had quite a while, but being an overthinker, like I am, I wanted to decide and FAST, so I could start rehearsing in order to make my performance as flawless as I could.

Of course, my hands still practically shook at the thought of performing in front of the professors, but playing for Asahi had really helped my confidence. If only a little.

I fell onto my back in the pile of sheet music, the papers crumpling and crunching around me.

"Maybe I'm not cut out for this... maybe I'll just major in..." I trailed off, looking up at the ceiling, "yeah nevermind, there's nothing else that interests me."

Asahi's laugh cut through my negative thoughts, sending a jolt of happiness through my body. I shifted my eyes to look over at him.

"You certainly have a lot of options," he said, looking around the piles that I had created, but I was now laying in, utterly destroying any organization that I had tried to create.

"Somehow that makes it worse!" I laughed, propping myself up on my arms as I stared at all the music strewn out around me, "Oh, and, thanks for coming over to help. It means a lot."

"Of course, y/n, anytime! You know how much I like to listen to you play." Heat rose to my cheeks at his comment.

It seemed that now since I had figured out my feelings, practically anything he said made me start blushing, or made my heart beat quicken.

It frankly was quite annoying, because I didn't want to seem weird or off to him - I just wanted to be normal.

But also hold his hand.

And maybe cuddle...

Definitely cuddle.

"Should I just pick one at random?" I asked, my hand hovering over the piles, ready to rifle around for something interesting I might find.

Asahi looked down at my hand, and I guess, my curious expression before laughing, "Go for it. I'll pick one too."

At his go, my hand flew down into the pile surrounding me. I bit my bottom lip in concentration and I felt around the stacks of papers, hoping to find something within me that told me which piece of music would be 'the one'.

Asahi also felt around the pile of papers, but pulled up his choice much faster than I did. I dug around for a moment more, just feeling around the papers until something in my brain told me to stop.

"Okay! My choice issss..." I drew out my words as I held up the paper into my line of sight, quickly reading the title at the top of the page, "Liebestraum No. 3 in A-flat Major. Franz Liszt. Uhm alright, it's a good choice. Asahi, what did you find?"

He cleared his throat before holding up the sheet music like he was holding a giant scroll. I laughed at the performance of it all as he spoke in a deep voice, like a gameshow host, "Deux Arabesques. Claude Debussy."