Chapter 25 - Sketchbooks

I laughed to myself as we continued down the path, making sure to crunch any fallen leaves that might be in my path.

Y/N POV:

To be honest, when I said "Dr. Asahi" I was mainly just saying it for lack of a better word. Making up a funny name for him since he was the only one around when I was sick.

I thought that he would simply drop me off, tell me to take some medicine and get some sleep. And I was perfectly okay with that, I was so happy that he came with me in the first place.

But he was fully committed to his role.

"Okay, you should go take a cool shower, it will help with your fever. I'll put some clothes outside of the bathroom for you and make some tea, alright?" He announced practically as soon as I unlocked and opened my front door. I frowned as I slipped off my shoes and placed my backpack on the floor.

"You really don't need to do all of that, I'm just a bit under the weather." I shook my head, already feeling guilty to be putting Asahi through all of this even though it was my own fault I was sick. I wanted anything but to be a burden to him.

He slipped off his shoes, placing them neatly by the door before dragging me by the wrist up the stairs towards the bathroom.

"I already know what you're thinking. You're not being annoying or bothering me. You should know that I like to help out as much as I can by now," He smiled, opening the bathroom door before turning on the shower.

I opened my mouth to say something to protest, but quickly closed it after realizing that he was being honest.

It was in his nature to be kind and helpful, but unfortunately that didn't make me feel like any less of a burden.

"Thank you," I spoke quietly, afraid that anything more would disrupt the nature of this conversation. He turned around to get something, but I quickly grabbed his arm to stop him, "I... I just feel bad that you're always doing things for me and I've done nothing for you in comparison."

I shuffled my feet under me waiting for his response, which only came after a moment of silence.

"Just being around you is enough for me. You don't need to give me anything physical...or promise to toss to me at practice, or any of that. You seem to forget that the reason I'm always here is because I love spending time with you and being around you. So everything that you feel you're indebted to me for, forget about it. You've helped me become more comfortable with myself and the person I want to be, and that's immeasurable to anything else." He spoke softly, looking into my eyes as if nothing else in the world mattered. Which it didn't.

If I wasn't sick, I would've kissed him right then and there. But alas...

"-ACHOO- You have no idea how happy that makes me." I sniffled, an enormous, cheesy smile spread across my face. All the while my heart was practically leaping out of my chest.

He turned around once more, before pausing mid-step and turning around to face me again, "There is one thing you can do for me later... but for now, where do you keep your sweatpants?" 

I let out a small laugh, "Second drawer on the left. Oh and if you make tea, the cups are in the top cabinet to the right of the oven."

He nodded his head with a smile and I watched as he turned around, walking over to the door of my room and going in. I closed the door to the bathroom, flipping on the fan while the water that he had turned on at the start of our conversation continued to roar as it hit the shower floor.

After discarding my clothes on the floor, I stepped into the shower and let the water cascade over me, washing off that sticky, sweaty feeling we are all too familiar with when we get sick. Asahi was right, the cool water felt great.