Chapter 26 - Spill Your Heart Out

"Goodnight Asahi. Thank you for taking care of me."

Y/N POV:

Under the gentle care of Dr. Asahi, I was quickly able to feel much better. I woke up the next day with barely any symptoms, but I was forced to stay home by my mother for one more day of rest before I was able to go back to school.

Thankfully, with that extra day, I was able to get a lot of things done that I had been meaning to do for a while.

Oh? Sorry, did I say I was productive? Yeah, scratch that.

I spent every moment I wasn't asleep more or less crafting a thousand different ways I could confess my feelings to Asahi, but every single one felt wrong.

I really, really liked him, but there was no way I would be able to put that properly into words. I knew it was time to confess after he went out of his way to care for me and make sure I wouldn't harm myself by trying to push through my sickness. The issue was HOW to confess.

I didn't want to make it too elaborate out of fear that he might be too embarrassed. I also didn't want to make it too simple, out of fear that I wouldn't be able to properly convey my feelings to him.

Not to mention that on top of all of that, I was severely overthinking his response and every single way it could go wrong.

For a moment I thought, 'Well, I'll just wait for him to confess and I won't have to go through this agonizing process.' But then I realized who I was talking about, and figured that he might not be thinking about confessing at all since he was just generally shy and nervous, and that plan was quickly scratched too.

Thus, I had to resort to my last-ditch effort. Daichi and Suga. I'm going to be teased until the end of time.

"Daichi..." I asked quietly, waving him over to where I was in the gym. Practice had just ended and I thought it would be best to ask him while everyone was distracted in their different cleaning duties.

I glanced over to Asahi who was taking down the net while being immersed in what seemed to be a very lively conversation with Noya about god knows what. I grinned a bit at the sight before looking back over to Daichi, who had noticed my small wave and was excusing himself from Hinata and my brother to come over.

"Hey y/n! Do you need any help?" Daichi asked, jogging over to where I stood with my mop, his hands finding their way to rest on his hips.

"Do you think we can talk after everyone leaves? I... uh,  need your help with something," I stuttered out, my eyes trailing the floor as I spoke. I don't know why I was so nervous about this. "Oh, and can you tell Suga to come too?"

Daichi furrowed his eyebrows at my request. He took a moment to process my request before he leaned forward so only I could hear him, "Of course, but is everything okay? I can ask Asahi too if you want. I'm not sure if you've already talked to him-"

I quickly snapped my head up at his words, "NO! Uh... it's kind of about Asahi, so can it just be the three of us?" Daichi caught my eyes for a moment, searching them for an answer to the thousand questions he had swarming his brain, but he just nodded.

"Sure. Just come up to the club room when everyone is done changing," He responded, still talking barely above a whisper. He turned to walk away, but quickly turned back around to ask one more thing, "Everything's okay though, right?"

I quickly nodded my head, immediately feeling bad that I made him worry that something was wrong between the two of us or anything of the sort. "Yes! Don't worry! I just... need some advice."

I didn't want to say outright that I was confessing, especially in the gym where anyone could hear us, "But don't worry, everything is great!" I smiled.