Chapter 4- The Invitation

Y/N POV

'Well, at least I know I wasn't the only one thankful to make a new friend today.' I thought as I departed from the group with Tobio waving our goodbyes to the team for the night.

I woke up in a better mood than I had been in what felt like years. 'I made an entire team of friends yesterday with hardly any worry! Not to mention I got an invitation to be a new manager as well!' I grinned at the thought and lept out of bed, readying myself for the school day ahead of me.

After I showered, got dressed, and did some light makeup, the worst part of my morning came. Having to wake up Tobio.

He seems like he would be up and ready for his practice because he loves volleyball so much but...no. It's the opposite. This boy sleeps through every alarm he sets.

I walked into his room, but not before taking a large breath and sighing violently.

"...hey... Tobio... you gotta wake up," I told him, stepping back before he could attempt to slap me.

He swung his arm in my direction, not even lifting his face from the pillow. I have been smacked too many times to fall for it again.

"Tobio. I know you're awake. Get up or I'm gonna tell Daichi to kick you off the team. He IS my best friend you know." He immediately sat up.

'That actually worked? Gullible.'

"y/n GET OUT! I need to get dressed." he half-yelled half-mumbled, getting up and pushing me out the door and slamming it in my face. 'What a nice "thank you" for waking you up,' I thought, rolling my eyes before kicking once on the door.

"Jeez okay, well I'm headed to school now. See you later!" I yelled through the closed door.

"Yeah okay bye y/n" was the response I earned from Tobio.

I arrived at school quite early, I mean most of the sports teams were having their morning practice right now.

'Ugh I had no reason to come to school this early, I just wanted to avoid angry Tobio' I thought as I trudged my way onto campus, kicking a small stone up to the shoe lockers.

I decided to head to the classroom early, to get a bit more studying in, as well as think about Daichi's proposal to be a manager with Kiyoko. I stopped at the vending machine first to grab a strawberry milk, seeing as I had skipped breakfast. I shoved it into my backpack for later.

I made my way up to classroom 3-3, luckily it was unlocked. I sat at my desk next to the window and turned my head to look outside.

The sun's golden rays were beginning to shine their way onto the schoolyard, and I could hear birds chirping through the windows.

I lifted myself up from the seat to crack open the window, the sweet spring breeze blowing into the classroom and ruffling my h/c hair.

Now, instead of studying, I began to contemplate Daichi's offer.

'It would be really fun to get closer to the team. Everybody seems so kind, except Tsukishima, but everyone has their bad days. It would be fun, but I have to focus on my studies and music if I want to get into the music program at University...' I rested my chin on my forearms as I thought through each pro and con, slowly but surely drifting into a light sleep.

Asahi's POV

"I am going to request that y/n comes to practice after school so she can have a trial as a manager - so everyone be nice, and please don't bug her too much." Daichi declared as he looked out over the team with a determined face.

"HAI" Everyone yelled, as we began to put away the equipment.

"Asahi!" Daichi yelled over to me.

"Hey, do you need anything Daichi?" I responded, tossing some volleyballs to Noya and Tanaka to put away.

"Can I come with you to your class to invite y/n to join our practice after school?"

"O-oh yeah sure. Let's hope she's there already." I responded to Daichi as we both walked out of the clean gym and into the morning air.

I walked down the hallway with Daichi, it was surprisingly less crowded than I expected.

"We must've had a pretty short practice this morning, there aren't many people here yet," I said as I peered into each classroom as I passed it.

When we got to classroom 3-3 I saw a small figure sitting at a desk with her head in her arms and h/c hair sprawled out over the desk.

As Daichi and I walked over to her I saw her gentle yet steady breathing as her chest lifted slowly up and down.

"I think she's asleep..." I said. Daichi hit my shoulder.

"Of course she is Asahi!" Daichi said with a laugh. I scratched the back of my neck with the feeling of  embarrassment running through my body.

"Are you going to wake her up?" Daichi asked as he looked over at me with raised eyebrows.

"N-no you're her best friend right? You do it! I've only known her for a day!" I exclaimed, bewildered that Daichi would ask me that. 'Plus she looks too peaceful right now, I'd hate to be the one to wake her', I thought.

Daichi knelt down and moved her hair out of her face before poking her cheek, quite harshly I might add. I watched as her eyebrows furrowed and she began to stir. She shifted in her seat and moved her arms to cover her eyes.

"No going back to sleep y/n." Daichi said as he moved her arms from her eyes.

She looked up at the both of us with tired eyes and smiled.

Y/N POV

"Aw man I thought you would let me sleep." I said as I stretched my arms behind me, getting a full body stretch and groaning as I did.

"Oh hey Azumane-san! Didn't realize you were there too!" I said as I shifted my eyes over to the tall boy.

He smiled warmly back at me, "Good morning y/n!" he chirped happily. 'I think Azumane-san is a morning person' I thought, storing that information in the back of my mind.

"Hey, well I wanted to invite you to come to practice after school so you could try being a manager with Kiyoko today!" Daichi said triumphantly, crossing his arms in front of his chest and smiling at me.

He nudged Azumane to follow his lead and he quickly mirrored Daichi, crossing his arms over his chest with a shy smile.

"Oh yeah sure! I could do that! Thanks for the invitation you guys!" I said as the classroom began to slowly fill up, students entering the room rather briskly, the bell is probably going to ring soon.

Daichi turned around and noticed the sudden increase in students in the hallways and entering the classroom and he bid us farewell.

"See you guys later!" He called as he made his way to the door, Asahi staying behind and sitting down in his seat beside me.

"Don't forget!" He called out to me before walking down the hallway to his classroom.

A/N:
Hello! Thank you for the votes and comments!! They mean everything to me! Sorry for the lack of chapters, I'm finally getting inspiration! Don't forget to vote and comment if you can! And please feel free to leave suggestions for the story! Love y'all!!