Chapter 24 - Chills

Maybe another time.

Y/N POV:

'shit...maybe Asahi was right about the rain.'

"That's the fifth time you've sneezed in the past three minutes y/n. Just admit that you're sick and go home to rest." Asahi sighed, looking over at my desk before quickly glancing at the clock on the wall, attempting to calculate the amount of time he had left to convince me before practice started.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the paper in front of me. Not because of the equations, but because of his words.

I was far too stubborn to admit that my time in the rain yesterday had caused this sneezing fit and the chills I was currently suppressing to have happened.

I had run out in the rain so many times before in spur-of-the-moment decisions like that, but of course, this had to be the time where I got sick.

Not to mention that the rain led to that almost-kiss. Really, I should be thanking the heavens. But instead, I ended up with an awkward moment with the guy I like, and probably a cold. But again, there was no way I was going to admit that.

"I promise I'm fine! Seriously, I don't even feel hot!" I assured him, placing my palm against my forehead.

'Well, maybe it's a little warm...'

I flashed him an unconvincing smile before turning back to the work in front of me.

I guess we had made it some unspoken rule to just not discuss what had happened yesterday. Not that I really wanted, or could talk about it.

I avoided confrontation at all costs and judging by Asahi's personality, I can tell that he probably isn't a fan either. So for now, we can both play pretend like it never happened. Things didn't feel different between the two of us either, it was just like we completely swept it under the mat and forgot about it.

But, of course, that didn't stop the moment from running rampant in my mind the entire night last night and most of the day today.

The way we got caught in each other's eyes.

The perfectly intimate moment.

The way he softly held my face as we both leaned in.

And the damn thunder that ruined it.

Pretending to forget about it also didn't stop me from wanting to kiss him either. It was just easier to ignore it for now.

"Y/n, I can't tell if you're daydreaming right now or if you're losing consciousness because you desperately need to go home and rest." Asahi's voice and his hand on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts.

The bell had rung and the classroom was practically empty by now, the last few stragglers were catching up with their friends or just now heading out the door.

His eyes carefully examined my face, attempting to crack the impenetrable mask I had created in order to convince him that I was fine. At least I like to think it's impenetrable.

"I was daydreaming, no need to - ACHOO- worry." I wiped my nose on my sleeve, before shooting him another unconvincing smile.

'This is really hard to keep up. I could kill for a nap right about now.'

We walked side by side silently through the practically empty hall towards the gym, Asahi kept his eyes on me practically the whole time, like he was worried I would collapse at any moment. Which honestly, I probably could.

"Y/n," He started, turning towards me, stopping in his tracks, "Why are you trying to be tough? I know you're not feeling well. You don't have that... sparkle in your eyes that you usually have."