Chapter 14 - Rude Awakenings

Maybe Daichi is right. 

Y/N POV:

I was rudely awakened by the bus taking an extremely sharp turn, unknowingly sliding off Asahi's shoulder from the sudden force and feeling a sharp pain on the side of my head as I hit the bus window.

Once I had fully registered what had just happened and woke me from my slumber, I peeled my head off the glass, inhaling sharply at the pain.

"Y/n!" Asahi exclaimed as I lifted my hands up to rub the spot where my head made contact with the window. I lightly touched the sore spot on the right side of my head, grimacing at the sharp pain I felt.

"Ow. Who's driving this bus anyway?" I peeked over the seat to see it was now Coach Ukai driving now,  instead of Takeda Sensei who had been driving when we left the school.

'They must have switched halfway through. Of course Coach Ukai would make that sharp of a turn.'

I attempted to ease the pain of my injury by lightly rubbing the spot as I sat back down.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Asahi fussed, attempting to look at the side of my head that I hit on the window by grabbing my face and turning it so he could better see.

My heart fluttered at the unexpected contact. When it came to physical contact with Asahi, he got flustered extremely easily whenever I tried to give any, but he was more comfortable touching me.

It was odd, but that's how the boy worked. I personally always found my heart beat quickening when Asahi did this sort of thing.

Of course his face would always turn a bit red, but there was nothing to it besides him being a nervous person.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I muttered, Asahi still examining my head. I attempted to change the conversation away from the embarrassing way I had just woken up, "how long have we been driving?" I asked, rubbing my eyes free of the sleep that had accumulated over the bus ride.

Asahi finally let go after being completely sure that I hadn't seriously hurt myself, "About three-ish hours. Y-you were asleep for most of it." He chuckled.

"Oh, sorry about falling asleep. I'm pretty sure we were in the middle of a conversation when I dozed off too." I giggled. Asahi shook his head, disagreeing with my words.

"No, you only had three hours of sleep last night, you needed the sleep anyways." My eyebrows furrowed. Asahi's face was bright red at the mention of me falling asleep. He wouldn't meet my eyes either.

'He isn't telling me something.'

"Did something happen when I was asleep? Your face is really red..." the Ace jumped at my observation, quickly turning his face away from mine to hide the evidence.

"No... nothing happened." He was definitely lying. I hadn't known him for too long, but it was long enough where I was able to observe little things about him. Like how when he was lying, his hand would fly to his hair and start fiddling with a few strands of it.

"You said you made me a bento before you fell asleep?" Asahi asked for confirmation as he successfully diverged the conversation from his obvious lie.

I say obvious because at this moment he was fiddling with his hair nervously.

I perked up at his words, not even realizing until he had mentioned the food how hungry I was. I smiled at him, "yes! I did!" I bent down to grab the bag that held the lunches, "are you hungry now?"

"Yeah, I could eat," I smiled and handed him the grey bento box. I watched his reaction as he cracked open the container, the savory aroma of it's contents quickly reaching my nose.