Chapter 27 - The Moon is Beautiful, Isn't It?

I just wanted to say that it made me happy seeing you back to normal :)

Y/N POV:

I walked away from the club room into the dimly illuminated street with a skip in my step and a small paper in my hand full of my heart's ramblings.

With the help of Suga and Daichi, who were honestly just as good as they said they would be at this, I was able to write my "script" for what I wanted to tell Asahi when the time came.

I brought the paper back up into my field of vision to read it once more. I squeezed my eyes shut before putting it down at my side, opening my mouth to practice my memorization.

"I just wanted to tell you that you mean more to me than words could ever express. You are such a... such a... dammit," I cursed under my breath, exasperatedly holding the paper up in front of me again, "You are such an important person to me, and every moment that I'm with you, I always end up wishing it could last forever. So, that and many other reasons is why I need to tell you this..."

My voice couldn't help but tremble even as I was alone, speaking these words out to no one but myself.

I truly didn't know how it would go with Asahi right in front of me, expectantly waiting for me to just spit out the words.

I shut my eyes, taking in a deep breath of the cool evening air as I tried desperately to quell my beating heart.

"Ughhh, okay..." I attempted to hype myself up, puffing up my cheeks and blowing out a quick breath, "Here we go; Asahi, I just wanted to tell you that you mean more to me than words could ever express. You are... you are...such an important person to me and... NOOO," I groaned, throwing my head back in utter frustration.

'God I can't do this. Asahi. I'm begging you. Please confess first.'

Unfortunately for me, I knew that probably wouldn't happen.

I read over the paper once more before deciding that I had done enough for the time being, before folding it up and putting it in the pocket of my jacket when I could resume practicing tomorrow.

Despite the pounding in my chest that occurred every time I thought of the actual confession, the night was cool and the air smelled fresh, which greatly helped my mood.

I desperately wanted to stay out longer, but I knew I was extremely late for dinner, so I had to get going. Maybe I could convince Tobio to go on a walk with me once I got inside...

Before I knew it, I was at home, pulling off my shoes and running to the kitchen to catch up on dinner that was already half-over.

"Hey, guys, sorry I was late," I excused myself and I quickly sat down in my chair next to Tobio. He looked at me for a second, a confused look plastered across his face before he turned back toward his plate.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the side-eye that he just gave me, before pulling out my phone to send a quick text as my parents and brother continued the conversation they were having.

Me

Hi Asahi! Just got home

The meeting went well! How was the rest of your evening?

"No phones at the table y/n!" The sound of my father's voice quickly pulled me back to reality. I sent him a small apologetic smile before placing my phone down on my lap.

"Sorry. Uh, Tobio, how was practice?" I attempted to start a small conversation, hoping that he would be in the mood to talk.

"It was fine. Hinata is just being annoying again." He said, his eyes firmly set on his plate in front of him.