Chapter 10 - The Pocky Game

"Goodnight! Sweet Dreams!" I replied with a giggle before quickly making my way home.

Y/N POV:

It was Saturday, the day Asahi and I would be watching our film for our project. I rushed around the house, quickly cleaning up any mess that was around from my parents, Tobio, or I. I brought out the snacks that I had bought us yesterday and tossed them onto the table near the couch.

Luckily, my parents were out for the day. I say luckily because I knew there would be no end to their teasing if they saw Asahi and I hanging out.

The only people I ever brought over were Kiyoko and Daichi, and they knew that they were just my friends. Knowing my parents, they would think something else of Asahi and I, and quite honestly I would simply want to disappear if I had to go through their teasing.

Tobio was in his room doing god knows what... actually in all honesty he was probably just listening to music and setting his volleyball like always, but he wouldn't care or interfere.

The thought of Asahi coming over filled me with anxiety, but I couldn't pinpoint exactly why. Was it because I didn't want him to see anything embarrassing of mine that would change his perception of me?

I guess I didn't want to lose my new friend.

I plopped myself down on the couch, sighing out of exhaustion. 'Why did I wait 10 minutes before he came to clean up?' I thought. My ears perked up as I heard the doorbell ring and I ran over to answer it before Tobio did.

I opened the door to see Asahi standing there with a small smile and some drinks in hand. I greeted him and opened the door a bit wider so he could step in and take his shoes off.

I studied his face for a moment as he looked around my house, and I followed his gaze.

His gaze followed some family photos on the wall, the family room, and suddenly stopped at the piano that stood in my living room.

He looked over at me for a second before setting down the drinks on a nearby table and pointing to the piano.

"Is this all yours?" he asked. I stood there for a moment and felt my face flush red, all the memories of Asahi seeing me play flooding back in my mind.

"U-uh yeah it is. My grandma gave it to me actually. She taught me how to play." I trudged over to the instrument and ran my finger along the side of it - recalling the bittersweet memories of learning with her for the first time.

I recalled how she would guide my hands by holding them in hers and help me find the right notes. I missed those moments more than I could possibly say.

I fiddled with my necklace as Asahi slowly approached the piano and stared at it for a moment, debating whether or not to ask the question that was flooding his mind.

"D-do you think I could maybe hear you p-play again?" He stuttered out the question, almost scared of what my response would be. My heart palpitated at his question.

My breath hitched. I looked at the piano and then Asahi for a moment before I blew out a shaky breath. 'Why am I so nervous to play for someone? This is so stupid. He already saw you play...' I thought in attempts to convince myself to just say yes to my friend.

I let out an awkward laugh and attempted to avoid the inevitable, "Hah... uhm..." I was racking my brain for any way that I could get myself out of this situation.

"How about we crack open a box of pocky - if I draw a shorter one than yours then I'll play for you. If you draw the shorter one then... I GET TO DO YOUR HAIR!"