homo - Chongyun

a/n: this is a request made by a reader! thank you for requesting and sorry this took me awhile

Pairing: M!Reader + Chongyun
Warning: Grammatical errors, not proofread, light fluff (?)
Word count: 1179 words

Chongyun stood in front of three to five boys who had cornered him. He wanted to fight back but that would just be rude and he didn't want to hurt people either so, he just stood there and waited for what they had to say.

"I heard from a little birdie you like Y/N." One of them said with a smug smile, as if to intimidate. Of course, he wasn't fazed by his statement. He did indeed like you, was there anything wrong with that?

But, he didn't admit it and stayed silent. "Speak, exorcist boy!" He instructed but Chongyun didn't follow and only kept quiet.

If he was to admit that he liked you, you would be the second person to know. The first being Xingqiu because he doesn't know how to deal with his feelings and needs advice from the guy.

"I'd rather be beaten up than saying anything."

So that's what they did. He didn't confess, admit or even say anything about his feelings for you. Once they started attacking the poor boy, he didn't even fight back.

He tried to lessen their attacks by defending himself with his arms but it didn't work much and had barely any effect. "Just admit you like him."

He didn't respond once more and the boys readied themselves to go even harder. That is until a voice had shouted at them, it was you.

"What do you think you're doing to him?" You asked the boys as they snickered, assuming you were just a weakling and preparing themselves to beat you down as well.

"Beating him to a pulp and what're you gonna do about it, raging homosexual?"

"Give you smooches?" You perked an eyebrow and walked towards them in a threatening manner, holding your weapon in hand before they were too scared and started running away.

"Homophobes." You rolled your eyes and walked towards the boy lying down on the ground. The pastel haired boy was so dirty and covered with mud now, you felt bad.

"You okay?" You asked and offered your hand out for him to take as you pulled him up. He nodded with your question and blushed.

His crush basically saved him and now he was talking to him. His heart started to beat fast, trying to avoid any eye contact as he was too shy to even look you in the eye.

"T-Thanks.." He mumbled under his breath. You smiled at him endearingly and said, "No problem."

He felt his heart give another flutter but not dare uttering a word about how he feels. So, to avoid saying anything, he runs away without warning.

He escapes before blurting out his feelings for you, leaving you standing there dumbfounded and just watch him run away. You were confused but just.. let him run away.

"Did I do something wrong?" You questioned yourself.

Was he weirded out by the fact you were gay? Did he make you uncomfortable? Did he not like being around you?

You started to doubt yourself and figured that you should probably apologize to him the next time you see him. Sighing, you went back to what you were planning to do.

——

"Xingqiu~" He called out to his friend, whining and a frown plastered upon his face. Leaning his head on the boy's shoulder, disturbing Xingqiu from his peaceful book.

"What did you do?" Xingqiu asked, expecting something idiotic that he must have done.

"I ran away from Y/N." He faux sobbed, making the darker haired boy laugh in his sadness.

"Why?"

"I got nervous, maybe I was gonna start to tell him I liked him." Xingqiu grabbed his face and cupped his cheeks within his hands, seeing glossy eyes and a frown gracing his face.

"Why would that be a bad thing?"

"Maybe he won't like me." A tear threatened to roll down his face when he imagined you not liking him. That would be such a nightmare to him.

He would never want you to hate him.

Xingqiu laughed at his friend and let go of his face, getting back into his book, saying "Now that's just ridiculous. He won't hate you."

Yes, he has noticed your feelings for him. Haha! You thought you were sly weren't you? Of course you were not, with you, an emotional mess, trying to hide feelings?

It might work on Chongyun but it was obvious to everyone else.

How does Xingqiu know? He may or may not sometimes stalk you, but that secret stays with him and him only.

"Try talking to him tomorrow, lover boy."

He did. He tried looking for you the next day but couldn't. He gave up and felt the heat of the sun getting to him, not wanting to have his yang energy go out of control, he looked for a shade.

He found one and laid under it for the next following minutes, letting his vision somehow help him with cooling off.

"Oh, well if it isn't ice cream boy!" The same annoying voice had called for him. It was the boys from yesterday, approaching him as if to ambush him.

"Since your knight in shining armour is sure to not come here, how about another round of beating for not answering me yesterday?" He grinned mischievously, readying to start kicking the poor boy again.

That is until, you arrived just in perfect timing. It was as if it was meant to be, like you were called to be there.

"Excuse me, can you stop bothering him? Geez, always approaching the poor guy." You shook your head in disapproval of them, threatening them with your mere weapon, sending them running away like the cowards they were.

Now you had alone time with Chongyun. You sat down beside him under the shade and staring up at the clear blue sky.

"Hey," You started. "Did I make you uncomfortable yesterday?"

Chongyun sat up from your question and looked down over at you with a frown on his face, shaking his head in denial. "Of course not." He said.

You sighed in relief, "Thank goodness, I thought my crush didn't like me or anything." You blurted out.

Crush. My crush. I thought my crush...

Your eyes widened once the words that you had just said processed through your head. Covering your mouth in embarrassment and sitting up to face him. "No no no! Wait, sorry- that came out of the blue. I don't mean to make you uncomfortable I'm so—"

"Y/N." He interrupted your rambling, and only smiled endearingly. "I.. like you too." He confessed.

You two locked eyes for a few moments before Chongyun got flustered and looked away, trying to observe different things like the tree or the grass or the sky.

An obvious pink tint plastered upon his cheeks.

Your heart clutched. Your crush just said he liked you back!

"Really?" You asked for assurance, making the boy only nod, still not making eye contact with you.

You smiled cheekily and kissed him on the cheek. "That's kinda gay."

——
i'm not satisfied with this ngl but its rlly cute so akdhskdk