Date - Aether

a/n: a request made from a friend, here you go!

Pairing: gn!reader + Aether
Warnings: not proofread, grammatical errors
Word count: 1945 words

Aether was your boyfriend for awhile now and he is absolutely wonderful. It was maybe a year ago since you two had dated. You two would usually hang out or date by doing commissions together.

He wasn't that talkative, he was more reserved and quiet. A perfect opposite of your talkative and loud demeanour.

He wasn't all that big on PDA either, just a few pecks here and there. Regardless, you appreciated the gesture and snuggle into his touch occasionally.

As you two hung out at the Wangshu Inn, cooking Almond tofu for a specific someone. "Why are we making almond tofu again?" You ask, questioning your boyfriend as you hand him the almonds.

He takes it from your hand and continues to work on the food, responding. "It's for Xiao."

You wanted to ask why again. That is until you thought of the Lantern Rite Festival. Right, you remembered your boyfriend talking about inviting the yaksha to that festival before.

"You're gonna invite him for this year's festival?" You asked for confirmation as he nods. You smile at how considerate he is and continue handing him the ingredients he had needed.

After awhile, he finished making the food and waited out at the balcony. Not wanting to intrude on the two, you waited near the register with the boss.

"You think he'll say yes?" You asked Verr Goldet as she turned to you and shook her head in denial. "I highly doubt it, I hope he does agree though." She states as you nod and look at the two converse with each other.

You then see your boyfriend offer to him the almond tofu he made. The adeptus seemed to hesitate before nodding his head, convinced. With a successful smile, he walks back up to you.

"He agreed?" You questioned as he nodded. "I didn't think he would, but I'm happy he did. The festival is dedicated to him too, of course."

"That's really considerate of you." You compliment him and give him a small kiss on the cheek.

"What can I say? I wouldn't wanna let a friend miss out on the beautiful scenery." He smiled and gazed at him in a loving manner.

You truly were lucky to have this man into your life. He was considerate, nice, always working for everyone. He made mention of his missing sister a few months after you two were in a relationship.

You wanted to help him in this journey and maybe lessen his loneliness. You promised to yourself that you'd stay with him 'til the end and help find his sister, even if it'll take months, years.

———

Walking to Liyue Harbor with Xiao wasn't that exciting or eventful really. It just seemed like a very long stroll except with a rather small bodyguard.

You and Aether spent the entire time in idle chatter while Xiao was a few feet away from you two, not wanting to be involved in your matters.

There wasn't much danger, to your luck. Arriving at Liyue Harbour at night time, the place looked so busy from where the three of you were standing.

"I've never been to a festival like this, seems fun." You stated, looking down at the people roaming around busily.

"I'll drop you two here, I won't go any further." Xiao mentions, crossing his arms. You stare back up at him and stood up.