Visiting - Kaeya

CREDIT : Heart Select on YouTube !!

a/n: i rlly wanted to write smth for kaeya cause it was his birthday and the idea i had was perfectly suited for him :) this is also PURELY PLATONICAL between Kaeya and Diluc

pairing : f!reader + Kaeya
warnings // tags : not proofread, reader is drinking, angst, fluff, get through the angst and you'll get to the fluff <3
word count : 1925 words

It's only been a few months since you and Kaeya had first started dating and sure, there have been a few arguments here and there but all of those were worth it. Because you two always came to a peaceful agreement, a conclusion where both you and him were satisfied with. A compromise.

But, there were still a few, hidden secrets Kaeya hid. Which was understandable, in a sense. You knew he wouldn't tell you everything by the moment you two had started dating and you wouldn't pry it out of him either way so, he was happy for that. You let him take his time with you and you were patient with him.

Today was his special day and you wanted to do something nice for him. Honestly, it was just a meal with his favourite wine. Simple but if it makes him happy then that's more than enough.

"Hey, Y/N! You look excited, something happening?" The blonde boy questions curiously, you smiled at him. "It's Kaeya's birthday today."

Aether's mouth forms an 'o' and he cheerfully hands you some mora for you to be able to buy something for him. You chuckle sheepishly. "It's okay, you really don't have to!"

"Take it as a gift from me to him."

"Alright then. Thanks, Aether." You smile at him and wave goodbye as he was gonna go continue doing his commissions and quests now. Every single day, that boy looked tired but not a single day did he ever seem to falter. How admirable.

——

"Y/N," Barbara calls out to you from afar and you turn your head around to locate where her voice came from. "Over here!"

Your eyes finally find her and you wave at her whilst walking towards her. Seems like there was something she wanted to tell you.

"Barbara, do you need something?" You question, her eyes were somewhat filled with worry but she tried her best to not let it show. So as not to worry you as well.

"I just wanted to ask if you've seen Kaeya? My older si- Jean is looking for him." She states and you shook your head 'no'.

Considering you did want to prepare something for Kaeya as a surprise, you weren't exactly looking for him yet. Maybe later when you're finished. He should be by Angel's Share right? Or Cat's Tail?

"Didn't Jean give him a day off?"

"She did but none of us have seen him at all today, Jean's a bit worried."

"I'll look out for him and tell you two if I do find him." You smile and give Barbara a thumbs up whilst walking away. Barbara sighs in relief, letting out a breath she hadn't known she was keeping in.

"Greet him happy birthday from me and Jean!"

——

You had went to visit Good Hunter to order a delicious meal for Kaeya instead of cooking. You did want to cook but you didn't have any ingredients or materials on you so went to just order something with the mora that Aether gave.