oh, it's you - Kazuha

pairing : f!reader + kaedehara kazuha
warnings // tags : unexpected meeting, angst, fluff, drunk!reader, break up, modern!au, might be ooc kazuha, absolutely not proofread
word count : 4367 words

Kazuha has been the love of your life for four whole years, now heading to the fifth anniversary. He's been nothing but loving, caring, sweet, and kind, any other word would be a perfect fit for how he treated you.

He intertwines his pinky with yours when you're talking to a friend, not missing a single moment of touching you. He would kiss you on the forehead as you were asleep on his arm. He would surprise you with a bouquet and your favourite chocolates outside your window. Once asked what was the occasion, he'd say "I just wanted to."

He was everything you could ever ask for. So, it was a big surprise when the words that slipped out of his mouth at this moment were... real. You weren't having a bad dream, you weren't just having an overthinking scenario. It was real. The pain that hammered in your heart reminded you so.

You let out breathless, unbelieving laughs. The shock is still so evident in your eyes. "W-Why all of a sudden?"

"I feel like I need to... find myself, Y/N. When I'm with you, my thoughts are just clouded with you and only you. I can't..." He shuts his eyes, turning his body away as his hand rests on his waist, taking a breather. He pinches the bridge of his nose before returning to look at you again. "I wanna be a better version of myself, love."

"What, so I'm just a distraction to you? Is that all I am? I'm just holding you back, is that it?" You question. The pain in your heart stings knowing this might be the truth.

To be fair, you have felt that this would be coming. Everything just seemed to go so great, too great and it seemed like nothing bad would happen. It was all too happy, it was bound to get destroyed somehow. You just never thought it would be like... this.

You can see the sadness in his eyes, the way he approaches you and reaches out for your arms, holding them gently in his hands. "You know very well that's not what I meant,"

Tears warmed your eyes, leaning your head onto his chest. "Then, why? I can give you some time to yourself so you can be a better version of yourself. I can wait for your return! I can stop pestering you daily. Please... just don't leave me."

"Love," He calls, holding your chin and opting you to look up at him. "I don't want you to wait for me."

He notices the way your eyes widen in shock and unhappiness. It pains him, but he has to do this. He just can't stay in a relationship knowing he has to be better for himself, knowing that you deserve someone better than him, someone you can talk your problems to, someone you'll learn to love even greater than him.

"My love, you have been nothing but good to me. You are one of the best things that have ever happened to me and I could never ask for anyone else. But, you deserve someone better than me. Someone who can love you better than I could. I have things I need to fix with myself and I don't wanna make you wait for me for however long I need with myself." He states.

You silently sobbed while looking up at him, moving away from his arms and he slowly lets you go. You cross your arms and avoid his gaze now. You can't. After what he just said.

"Okay, fine. Is there anything else you have to say?" You ask, just so he can spill out any other words before you turn away and run away from him.

He sighs. "I think it's best we part ways."

"What?!" You looked at him again. "We've been together for almost five years and you're gonna tell me to part ways? After everything we've been through you're just gonna end us like that?"