Treasure - Beidou

a/n: f!reader crumbs 🤤
Pairing: f!reader + Beidou
Warning: grammatical errors, not proofread, has mentions of decapitating, mermaid reader!!
Word count: 2897 words

One of Beidou's men had started to gossip about something lurking in the ocean. Saying that she was an ominous one, quiet and dangerous. But, they never knew if these were true considering they have never met this sea beast.

They were only rumours after all. Who knows? Maybe this sea monster isn't quiet at all? Maybe she's actually super big and loud, summoning huge tides?

These types of gossips and rumours that Beidou's men talked about didn't go unnoticed. She was fired up, ready to meet the new sea monster she was going to conquer!

"Let us prepare for another voyage!" She announces as everyone responds back with a loud 'aye aye'.

Several moments after preparation and a full stomach (they went to visit Xiangling before leaving), the ship had set sail. Heading to the direction where the rumours had assumed you were inhabiting.

It wasn't new for Beidou to hear such rumours of beasts. All rumours of beasts, she was bound to conquer. After all, she did make such a huge name for herself once defeating the three-headed hydra.

She wondered what type of sea monster this new one would be? It seemed popular too, a lot of the fishermen had talked about it.

She gets excited at the thought of what it could be. Could it be another hydra? Could it be something like Osial? Could it be huge and large? Or small and scary?

Oh! She couldn't wait!

——

Day.. uh, how many days had it been since they set sail? Well, whatever it was, it's been too long for them to keep count.

They've been in the same route for a long while and still no sight of this sea beast, monster, thing that people kept talking about! The Crux was getting impatient.

Were they even sure they were headed the right direction? I mean, they must be right? Most of the rumours did say that it was through this direction.

Everything was calm, the tides were normally splashing through, the winds fairly strong enough for them to keep sailing. Everything had seemed pretty normal.

If you call the sharp rocks that had emerged from the fog normal, then sure.

Beidou's eyes widened once seeing these and she warns her crew immediately. Everyone now in their positions to steer clear from these rocks that could very well damage the ship.

"To the left!" She shouted, the ship steering to the left as she had ordered. Grunting and groaning once feeling the ship hit against something. Assuming it was minor damage, they kept going.

"Captain! There seem to be other people here as well." Stated a crew mate, pointing out to the far right as she squinted to see what the crew talked about.

Indeed there were other people, seemed like treasure hoarders. Now, why would treasure hoarders be out here in the ocean?

She didn't have time to think about that right now, she wanted to focus on keeping everyone safe. Not wanting the ship to be damaged either as they would be lost at sea if that were to happen, not the best case scenario.

"Batten down the hatches!" She commands as her men rush to lower down the sails. She assumes there'll be a storm coming, considering the dark, cloudy weather.