I'll beat his ass - Scaramouche

theres so many plotholes in this but look i just wanted to write this out okay, no questions >:((

pairing : f!reader and Scaramouche
warnings // tags : modern!au, highschool!au, siblings, might be ooc, close your eyes if there's grammar mistakes
word count : 2614 words

"And the first place goes to... Scaramouche!" The emcee announces and the crowd is filled with cheers and claps. You sigh to yourself upon hearing his name and clap your hands as he walks past you towards the emcee to receive the prize.

You had gotten second place today, second to him. You'd be okay with it if you weren't such a competitive ass.

"Can we all get a round of applause for our second place? The amazing Y/N!" The crowd, too, cheers for you and claps. A series of congratulating screams ringing in your ears as you walk to the emcee to receive your second-place prize.

Scaramouche is also walking back to his place, thus making you two cross paths. You give him a small smile and so does he, both smiles were not at all genuine. Most sarcastic, even.

You give a small thank you and shake hands with the emcee before giving a small thank you message to everyone as well before walking back to your place.

——

"Ayaka, Ayaka," You called, still carrying the second place trophy since the event had just been dismissed and everyone was just returning to their classrooms.

She turns her head around at the pull of her polo and she smiles. "Congratulations on second place!" She says while her closing her fan that makes almost like a clapping noise.

"Indeed. Congratulations on the second place, Y/N." The familiar voice of first place spoke, emphasizing your friend, Ayaka's words. A sarcastic smile on his face as he waves at you.

You return the same expression and give him a wide smile. "Congratulations on first place, Scaramouche! I should've fought for it harder huh?"

He chuckles and nods along, walking past you. "Maybe next time,"

The smile is still on your face as the two of you are working further away from each other, putting your arm around Ayaka's shoulder to urge her to walk forward as well. Ayaka is staring curiously at the short dark blue-haired person before turning to look at you and gasping.

Your face had gone from a nice and warm, friendly smile to one of sarcasm. Rolling your eyes at the interaction that had just happened and clicking your tongue. "I'll beat his ass."

——

Scaramouche clicks his tongue as he's heading to his classroom, entering and being met by the ginger who was sipping on a juice box and sitting on one of the chairs while his feet rested on top of the table, showcasing his long legs. "Hey, number one!"

Scaramouche glares at him before putting the trophy on his table and keeping his stuff inside his bag in preparation for leaving.

Ajax hums curiously while squinting his eyes at his shorter friend. He drops his legs to the floor to sit properly and places his juice box on the table, pointing a finger at him. "What's up with you and that number two, hm? You got beef with them or something?"

An irked smile is plastered on Scaramouche's face. "No, I just like being number one. I have nothing against that number two."

"You know what that sounds like to my ears right now? Bullshit! If you're not gonna admit it, I'm gonna assume you like them." Ajax smirks and rests his elbows on the table while placing the weight of his head on his palms.