Homesick - Thoma

a/n : THOMA NATION LETS GO
pairing : gn!reader + Thoma
warning // tags : grammatical errors, not proofread
word count : 2282 words

"Lumine, you really didn't have to take me here." You pleaded and she merely laughed at your words.

"Nonsense! You've been here before, right? I could use the extra help." She stated and continued to walk behind Beidou since she was the one who took you two to Inazuma.

"Yes, I did say that I've been here before but I also said that it was when I was a kid! I barely remember anything!" You argued back, your hand resting on her shoulder.

"There's no more going back, we're already here." She smiled and simply patted the top of your hand.

You sighed. Welp, she had a point, there was no more going back considering you guys had just arrived at Ritou.

There's an obvious reason why you never came back here again when you were younger. It was a closed nation and the weather was horrifying! You could get electrocuted from one of the lightnings and the skies were always so dark and gloomy.

You slapped your cheeks to distract yourself and let out a huff. "It'll be fine, I've been here before."

You walked beside Beidou and whispered to her, nervously chuckling. "Could you uh- y'know, bring me back?"

Beidou laughs at your words and shakes her head. "You heard what Lumine said, you'll be fine."

Alright, I'll take your word.

This was where you had your second meeting with Thoma. He was a tall and lean man with blonde hair and emerald green eyes, his outfit mostly consisted of red.

As they were conversing with one another, you spent your time observing him. But, why? He looked so familiar yet different. You couldn't really place it.

His overall look was different but his mannerisms were still so familiar.

"Oh-!" You beamed. Attracting attention to yourself once it had finally clicked.

"Your that kid that showed me the fireworks that night!" Thoma's eyes lit up at your words and excitement is shown with the way he's looking at you.

He points his index finger at you, forming finger guns and says. "And you're the one I was dragging around Inazuma to explore!"

Oh my gosh! It is him! You couldn't believe it honestly. You didn't think he'd still be here after such a long time.

"It's been so long, how have you been?" You asked in such a lively manner and a huge smile on your face. You couldn't help it, at least with him around Inazuma will be more bearable.

All he did was smile in reply, not seemingly sure what to reply to that considering the Vision Hunt Decree and everything else that's happening.

"Not to break the whole reunion thing but, we should get moving." Paimon interrupts and you nod along and gesture to Thoma to keep going.

——

You hid behind your mother's leg upon arriving to Ritou, afraid of everything and everyone except your own mother.

"Y/N, don't be scared. Nothing will hurt you here." Your mother promises and just then a loud thunder crackled through the skies, making you shake your head and refusing to let go of her.