Meant to be - Hutao & Yanfei P1

a/n : first chapter w/ a ship :0 i believe someone asked for this ship, sorry its not exactly what you asked for but i hope you still enjoy this!

pairing : hutao and yanfei
warnings // tags : modern!au, college!au, aged up (?) cause they're drinking, not proofread at all
word count : 3571 words

Yanfei was exhausted that night. Her hair was a mess and so was her sleep schedule. She'd been working day and night for that exam and now that it's finally finished, she could finally rest.

The cold breeze from the night comforted her in some way, her arm resting on the window of her car's door as she leans on it for support.

She's sure she aced that exam. If she didn't, well, maybe she'd have a few breakdowns here and there but it's okay! She tried her best and that's all that mattered for her right now.

She takes a deep breathe in and out at the red light as she waits for it to go green. As she's waiting, a few motors start to gather around her car. Seemed like a group of friends considering they were travelling together and conversing.

Yanfei didn't mind it. That was until a woman with black twin tails hair pulled up next to her window and smugly smiled at her. "Do we look cool?"

Yanfei chuckles lightly at her question and doesn't give a response. What a funny question.

"We're going to a party, wanna come?" The woman offers, not at all caring that Yanfei was a stranger to her.

Yanfei takes a look at the countdown before she returns her attention to the woman.

"Thanks but I'm really tired right now. Maybe next time, boo." She declines and smiles nicely.

The red light transitions to green and Hutao could only stare as the pink haired woman drove away. She was somehow so blown away by her, what was so attractive about that woman that had her absolutely dumbfounded in the middle of the road at night?

"Hutao!" Xingqiu called, the rest of her friend group waiting in their bikes. She snaps out from her daze and contemplates. Looking back at her group and the pink woman's car.

Decisions, decisions. She sighed to herself.

—— another day

Yanfei yawns, looking at her grocery list as she walks through the isles with her cart. She was still tired even after taking a bath and she went to go out on an errand since she was running out of food.

"Ice cream.. Eula would want this." She looks through the collection of flavours and think thoroughly about which one her and her roommate would like the most.

She picks a cookies and cream one and nods to herself before adding it to her cart. Continuing to scan through her list.

"What else?" She questions and stops to properly go through her list once more, checking off every item that she's sure she has on her cart.

That seems to be all of it. She says to herself and shrugs, ready to pay for her items and drive to home sweet home.

She lines up and goes through her phone in the meantime to distract herself as it was a long line.

She laughs quietly to herself after seeing a conversation between two friends and sighs, wishing she could be that carefree. Well, she can be. Her school and lawyer stuff just get in the way at most times.