they comfort you in different situations

a/n : tried to include multiple characters in this! hope you enjoy ~

pairing : gn!reader + various characters
warnings // tags : hurt, comfort, fluff
word count : 2165 words

when he catches you crying
Diluc, Tomo (??? if he counts idk),
Kazuha, Zhongli, Thoma
word count : 819 words

It was about midnight by now, your head was so dark. Everything felt like such a mess. So many words, so many questions, so many self-deprecating thoughts about whether you were good enough or not.

They probably think I'm annoying.

They probably think I look hideous.

Why am I even friends with them? I'm just a nobody.

I'm probably just extra weight to them. I'm probably just a burden.

I'm awful, aren't I?

God, how desperate you were to shut those thoughts down. They weren't true, surely they weren't. You're surrounded by people who supports you wholeheartedly, not one of those single thoughts would ever get in their heads.

Your hands slide through your hair aggressively, was it in anger or was it in sadness of how messy everything was? You had no idea. It was just a quiet night, that's it. Perhaps it was too quiet that your head started to... talk to you. The venomous words started to whisper and it only grew louder with the silence that engulfed you in the darkness of the night.

"I'm an embarrassment..." You sobbed to yourself, hiding your face within your knees.

"Darling?" A knock sounded from your door and you jolt in surprise. You quickly try to wipe away your tears and hide beneath your blankets. You didn't want him to see you like this.

"I'm coming in," He states in permission and so the door opens. He sees your sleeping figure buried beneath the blankets, a soft smile lays out on his lips and he approaches slowly. Sitting on the side of your bed as it dipped to his weight. He hadn't noticed that you were crying. Thankfully, you thought.

He was seated behind you so he leaned over to give your cheek a small kiss, only then did he notice your puffy eyes. His eyebrows scrunch in confusion and worry. He stands up to walk to the other side of your bed to sit where you were facing forward. "Darling,"

You didn't give him a response and stayed silent, your eyes shut tight in hopes he'd go away so you can stay to yourself in the mean time. You felt his hand caress your cheek, his thumb was feeling your eyes. Shit, you cursed. He knew.

"You're crying." He points out. You sigh and open your eyes as it immediately pools with new warm tears. "What's our problem, darling?"

Our problem. He didn't want you to deal with it by yourself. Your problem was also his, he wants you to know you're not alone.

You sit upwards and wrap your hands around his neck, your face rested by the crook of his neck as your tears soaked his clothes. His hands rubs your back, going up and down and sometimes stopping to give you gentle pats. "I'm here, I'm here," He repeats in assurance.

Your once quiet whimpers were now let out as loud sobs, you've been holding them back so as not to worry him but since he's here now, you decide to just... let go. Letting yourself sink in his warmth and in his embrace. "Are you okay now?" He asks.