Part 19. It's not Kidnapping, It's Surprise Adoption

"This is FUCKING unfair!" Ghiaccio banged his fist against the table. "We're the assassination team! Why are we receiving less than the narcotic team?!"

Risotto exhaled a long breath. He did not argue against the statement. Their team might be called the assassination team, but their job was more complex than that. They guarded multiple areas, took care of the problem in the districts and killed their business enemy. Despite their effort on the job, they have fewer territories. As a result, their payment was lower than another team.

"What should we do? Rebel against the boss?"

Gelato shook his head. "Did you forget the last incident?"

Sorbet agreed with his partner. "We know how cruel he can be."

In the past, a man was almost successful in revealing the boss identity. He betrayed the Don and organization to fulfil his greed. However, that man went missing for a week and was later found dead under the angel statue. One message was written with blood.

Nessun perdono per il traditore. No forgiveness for the traitor.

None of them could forget that. It was a message to show what happened to the traitor. The fear was implanted through everyone's mind. Betrayal was a risk that Risotto rather did not take.

Iluso leaned against the sofa. "If only boss has a weakness."

All of them was silent until Melone blurted out his thought loudly. "Wait for a second. He has now!"

Pesci raised his eyebrow. "Are you implying.... No!"

"Trish?" Prosciutto was surprised at the suggestion. "We're going to use her against the boss? That's crazy! How can we even lure her to come here?"

"Well..." Formaggio scratched his head. "I promised to let her see the cats, so we exchanged phone numbers..."

The team looked at each other. "Are we... going to do it?"

Risotto touched his head. Ine big headache was coming. "Let's invite her first and see."

Trish came to their door on Sunday morning. She showed up with a huge smile and sparkles in her eyes. The innocent little girl managed to guilt trip everyone with her face. Pesci screamed as the act was against his good conscience.

"I CAN'T DO IT! I am going to give myself to the police. Don't stop me, big bro!"

"Calm yourself first!" Prosciutto held him before the youngest member did something stupid. Pesci was out of the scheme. Since the beginning, he had no heart to do the deed. Trish was a bit confused at the commotion. "Is he okay?"

Ghiaccio answered her. "He's fine... I guess."

"Excuse me..."

All of them was surprised to hear that voice. Doppio had been standing behind Trish the whole time. No one noticed him because of his thin presence. The young man was a nervous wreck and scared, but he must fulfil his task.

"Good-good afternoon. I'm Trish babysitter. I'm here to drop her and gave a letter from the boss."

Doppio handed over a small envelope to the leader. Risotto frowned when he read it.

"If anything happens to my daughter, I will kill the entire team."

That man did not know how to react to the threat.

Doppio bent down and caressed her head. "I'll pick you up at four. Have fun, Trish."

"Bye, Doppio!"