Part 23. ... That You Can Only Live in Darkness

Trish had been living with Bruno for two weeks. He took her in for a while until the legal process was over. The teacher might become her guardian if no one adopted her.

Trish moved with a much better parent, but she was not happy. She looked depressed and dejected after being separated from Diavolo and Doppio. Trish was silent when other students insulted her, lost her appetite and remained quiet the whole day. Her cheek was wet every time she woke up. Trish was truly broken-hearted from the decision.

Was it truly the best?

She was safe and no one would harm her. Trish could live a normal life and grow up in a peaceful neighbourhood. Yet, her heart yearned for her father. Trish never thought she would miss the salty exchanged conversation with Diavolo and sweet-talk with Doppio. Everything got worse when she received news from the assassination team that day. The Passione mafia team would move back to Italy and leave this country. Trish would never see all of them again.

She was not afraid of being alone or abandoned. After all, that girl had good friends and teachers. They would never let her become lonely. However, how about her father?

It was as he never existed in the first place.

"Trish, are you okay?"

She looked up at Mista. That boy's expression filled with concern. He, Fugo and Giorno came to Narancia's house since they were worried about her. Trish wiped away her tears, but they kept falling. Fugo gave his handkerchief to her while Narancia caressed her back. "It's okay, just let everything out."

She did not want this secure and peaceful life. She wanted the upbeat, thrilling but fun life with her father, babysitter and the assassination team. The little girl spoke in the middle of her sniffle. "My life will be better in here, but why.... I cannot let go of the past."

Giorno sat next to her. Perhaps the reason why they were close was that their life was similar. "I had a similar experience. I got kidnapped once so uncle Diego suggested sending me to the Joestar family. My father agreed because it was for my safety. I tried my best to behave there, but I missed my own family. My father would not meet me, so I ran away from there."

Narancia was amazed. "Wow.... Even Giorno went through a rebellious phase!"

Giorno was embarrassed. "It was reckless of me. Someone stole my bag and I lost everything. After wandering in the street for days, they finally found me. The first person that met me was my father. I thought he would be angry, but it was the opposite. He never let me go after that day. Brando's family had a lot of enemies. Yet, I remained to stay at a dangerous place. I knew what I've done was selfish, but I never regret it. Trish, I think... you should do the same thing."

Trish wiped away her tears. "Are you saying I should be selfish?"

The blonde boy smiled and offered his hand. "What do you want, Trish?"

She took his hand. That girl had a determined look on her face. "I am going to meet him once again and give him a piece of my mind!"

Mista grinned. "Hell yeah! Let's do this!"

Fugo was confused. "He is going to the airport. How are we supposed to catch up?"

Everyone stared at Giorno. His incident with Dio's car was old news spreading throughout the school. The kids decided to do the same thing by stealing Bruno's car. Narancia grabbed the car key on the table. They sneaked to the garage and hopped on into the car.

Their attempt was almost successful until the garage door opened. Bruno and Abbacchio stood in front of them with hands in their arms. "Where are you guys going?"

Narancia was sweating. "Uh, McD?"

They were busted before doing the deed. Abbacchio took them out of the car and lined them up like a criminal. While Bruno was disappointed at their behaviour, he understood their sentiment.

The bob-haired man sighed at the situation. "Get in. We're going to the airport."

"Huh? Why?"

"We listen to your conversation, brat," Abbacchio replied. "You could just ask us instead of doing a risky move."

They were surprised but was happy at the assistance. Trish hugged Bruno out of gratitude. "Thank you!"

"Don't mention it. However, as punishment for trying to steal my car, I'm doubled everyone's homework."

The students were groaning at the punishment. "Aw..."

They entered the car and went to the airport. Trish called Melone and asked him about their situation. She did not expect the time to meet her father would be short. "We're almost boarding. Prosciutto, Risotto and Boss are already in the plane."

"Can you delay it until I come?"

"That will be very hard," Ghiaccio added. "Boss hates waiting."

"Please. Let me meet him for the last time..."

No one had the heart to reject her, but no one had the bravery to accept her request. Only one person complied with her desperation. Pesci took the phone and answered her directly. "I'll do it."

"Thank you! Thank you very much."

The phone connection was closed. Everyone looked in his direction in shock. He had a manly expression on his face. "It was only the right thing for us to pay our debt to her."

He walked away to prepare for her arrival, leaving the rest of the assassination team in awe. For the first time, the youngest member of the team proved himself. "Holy shit. Pesci has grown up."

"This is no time to be astonished. We need to help her." Iluso pulled out his phone. "Prosciutto and Risotto need to know about this plan."

Prosciutto browsed his social media when he received the text. He almost jumped off reading the message. The blonde man showed it to their leader. Risotto only frowned and whispered to his subordinate. "You're going to die."

"If anything happens to me, say my sorry to my fans. Give most of my stuff to Pesci and some to other members. Don't give Melone anything. Who knows what he will do to my belonging."

Prosciutto puffed his chest, accepted his fate and walked to Diavolo. He began to create a conversation. "Boss, can I ask something? Why are we suddenly moving to Italy?"

Diavolo was glaring at him. Everyone knew their boss hated small talk. Prosciutto could feel his life shorten by eight years. Nevertheless, Diavolo answered Prosciutto. He was surprised at his boss's reply. "I want to expand our territory in there."

While Diavolo was distracted, the other team used the opportunity to help Trish. "This way, quick!"

Formaggio helped her go through airport security. Unfortunately, they ran out of time. Diavolo knew something was wrong. Prosciutto was more chatty and disturbing than usual. Diavolo glared at the leader and commanded him in a cold tone. "Risotto, I don't know what are you and your team trying to do. Don't play games with me, or else I'll cut your head right here."

Risotto tapped Proscuitto's shoulder and shook his head. This was the limit. They could not delay the flight any longer. He spoke to the pilot to begin the engine.

Trish was too late.

The plane was moving.

-THE END-

Author note: Nah, I'm kidding. It still continues. The next one plus epilogue is the last chapter tho.

I researched personality disorders just for this. It's interesting. (Sippin reader's tears)