Part 2. Disappointed, But Not Surprised

Diavolo finally knew the perfect job for Trish. She made a great courier. Nobody would suspect a harmless little girl carrying a drug or massacre weapon.

Trish was silent inside the car. Her father did not talk at all about their little trip. Being quite probably was the best choice, considering Diavolo hated noise.

They went somewhere far away from home and stopped at a park. The place was filled with tourists, workers and young people. They did not stand out because of the crowd.

"Why are we here?"

"You need to take this package to a man over there."

Diavolo pointed his hand at a stylish figure across the street. He was a handsome man with a tall body, fair skin and blonde hair. He wore a white striped blue shirt with long blue trousers and sunglasses. A policeman walked near him without feeling suspicious.

It was her first job, but her legs had given up.

He glared at her with cold eyes, "Failure is not an option."

Diavolo whisper made it worse. There was no love or warmth in his words. She did not have any choice. It was an obligation for the sake of her life.

Trish opened the door and walked slowly. Cold sweat was dripping from her head. The small package felt heavy on her hand. She did not know the content of the box and decided it was for the best. The little girl kept walking without daring to watch her surroundings. The police ignored her, just like Diavolo predicted.

However, she ended up bumping into a woman and fell down. The package was released from her hand. She got up quickly and took it from the ground. That girl wanted to finish her job as soon as possible.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay, kid?"

That woman spoke to her. Trish did not even realize tears were pouring out from her eyes. The police had noticed this and walked closer to her. Trish was too scared to talk anymore. She ran away from the scene, neglecting her mission. That poor girl had to get out of that place.

That girl ran fast as she could, but the devil grabbed her arm.

"Where are you going?"

Diavolo caught her.

They spent time in the car in silence and returned home immediately. Trish sat down on the sofa with a dejected look on her face. She knew everything was over and accepted her fate. Diavolo did not have any reason left to keep her. He took out a gun from a drawer and loaded the bullet.

"I should have done it since the beginning."

Diavolo expected her to tremble in fear just like others. It did not matter men, women or children. They all begged for their life, cried or tried to escape. In the end, the bullet still went through their skull. Diavolo had done this countless times. He became numb to killing.

However, what she did leave him speechless.

It was a depressing scene. Trish put her head in front of the gun. She had lost everything, including her will to live. Trish just wanted a long rest. If death means she would escape from everything, she did not mind at all. This was an act of mercy instead of slaughter in her eyes.

"Just do it.... At least I finally can see mother."

"No!"

A voice rang inside his man. Diavolo head suddenly twitched in pain. His hand trembled as memories flashed through his brain. That man did not recognize it as his past. Perhaps it was a fragment of his other side. He clicked his tongue and drew his gun out of frustration.