Part 15. Words Can't Hurt Me These Shades are Gucci

The sun was up in the blue sky and the air was hot. Trish and Diavolo stayed inside their house because the heat was unbearable. The pink-haired girl was busy painting her nail. It was the summer holiday so she had tons of free time.

Meanwhile, her father was busy talking over his phone. He was yelling to the other poor receiver. "WHAT? Are you kidding me?! What do you mean you cannot take care of that? I don't care if you die! You might as well!"

He clicked the red button and ended the conversation. It was not supposed to be a big deal, another mafia crossed their paths in his territory. However, the dispute became big after a big name died in the incident. Now he had to deal with the problem himself.

This meant leaving the country for several days. Diavolo glanced at Trish. He did not have much choice. "Pack up. Take your clothes and important stuff."

Trish stopped painting her nail, "Where are we going?"

"Italy."

Her heart skipped a beat when he mentioned that place. The next day they were flying into another country. When they arrived, people spoke in a different language. Trish still remembered how to speak Italian. She always had a conversation in mixed language when her mother was alive.

She never thought she would return to this country. This was the place where she was born. She lived and grew up in this place. When she was little, her mother moved because another job opportunity arose. Trish went along because she did not have any relatives. Her mother was disowned a long time ago by her parent or something.

She stared at Diavolo. "Are you Italian?"

"Try to guess it."

When Diavolo got out to the airport, no one offered their service. Most people knew his reputation and avoided him like a plague. Trish followed her father as they walked out of the airport. At the corner of the place, she saw a taxi driver leaning on his car. The elder man raised his hat and smiled at them, so Trish smiled back at him. Diavolo said nothing when the man put their luggage on the trunk. He and Trish entered the car and sat in the passenger seat.

The taxi man drove the car. After a few minutes without conversation passed, Diavolo talked. "Come è la situazione?"

The man tipped down his hat. "Orribile."

Trish was rather surprised. She never thought the man would be part of the mafia. He looked... so normal. They then talked more about the situation and its impact on their business. The man noticed Trish and shifted his attention to her. "Oh, my. I've heard the news about your daughter, but I never thought she will be a lovely little lady."

Trish's cheek went red after hearing the compliment. "Buongiorno."

"You can speak Italian? That's great."

Oh, dear. Can you speak Italian?"

Diavolo murmured under his breath. "Right. Donatella lived here. "

Trish was startled when he uttered the name. A pang of sadness spread inside her heart. She missed her mother than ever. The little girl never knew about her parents feeling toward each other. She took a quick glance at Diavolo. He was busy looking at the view from the window car.

The taxi driver received a call. He replied with an angry tone then turned it off. "I'm sorry. We cannot go directly to the hotel. They have prepared a raid."

"How long do you need to take care of it?"

"Three hours."

Diavolo clicked his tongue. "Just drop us in any crowded area. They could not do much with many people around."

2 in 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara