choices that do matter

Blaise and Theo.

No one speaks at first. They know that I know. Theo stands in front of Blaise even though he's the one who should be mostly worried.

I know what he is. I know what both of them are, I thought.

Which only makes me realize Draco isn't even here.

"Y/n," Theo says lowly. Blaise behind him curls his hands against my bookshelf.

I don't tear my eyes away from each of them. They look completely the same except it's different from when I saw them last; different from before break even.

"We never wanted to hurt you." Theo states again after the silence fills the room.

I swallow. "I'm sure." I say with a smile but I have a feeling that they really never did.

Blaise adds, "No, we didn't. You became so important to-"

I look back down, "Really Blaise, I was important? You must've just forgotten to mention how Pansy and Draco have just been fucking behind my back? You didn't stop him because maybe, I don't know, you were my best friend and Theo is your best friend?"

Theo clenches his jaw.

I scoff standing up, "I bet you just let this happen, right? You probably would just leave the room before it happens and laugh to yourself about how I've been heading head first into this mess?"

He stays silent.

Blaise really just let them fuck. Probably in front of him too.

Theo speaks up, "I'm done with Pansy's bullshit. I'm not going to wait any longer anymore."

Both Blaise's and I's heads perk up to him.

Theo continues, "I mean I can't just wait forever, right?" His laugh comes out nervous and sad as if he isn't sure. He keeps his eyes stuck to my floor, as if he really doesn't know why or where he even is.

"That's good," I say softly stepping closer to him. He lifts his hand to brush his hair that fell in front of his eyes and looks at me.

My mind flickers back to when he kissed me only days ago. I was so confused. His eyes were dark then, with hate, not the same look he has when he jokes around with all of us. It scared me, but yet even with Fred's voice in my head telling me to run from Draco and all of them I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to kiss him.

He reminded me of Draco then.

"What happened?" Blaise starts, eyebrows furrowed.

We both look at him confused.

Blaise sighs, "Between you two. What happened between both of you?"

I back away from both of them and make a note to slap myself. I almost forgot why I'm mad at both of them; how I'm supposed to be scared of the both of them.

Theo leans against my wall, "Does it matter?"

"Oh please don't tell me you both fucked." Blaise spits to us, but he only looks at me like he couldn't believe it.

"We didn't." We say at the same time.

Theo continues chuckling to himself, "I kissed her, Blaise."