silently

Y/n pov:

I waited. I went to the Gryffindor common room with the Hermione and Ron, waiting. Waiting to hear anything that can confirm what could happen, but nothing did.

After hours of what seemed like forever I say my goodbyes. We had all told Harry to tell Dumbledore but he wouldn't listen. After he had arrived at the common room after all of us he refused to talk.

He only spoke as he hugged me goodbye making sure to let me he trusts me. I've been trying to ignore that comment.

Now I walk down the quiet halls of Hogwarts. It's way past curfew and I know I should be afraid so I hurry down to the Slytherin common room. The dark gray, cement ceiling casts shadows along the walls making it harder to see with the only light source being the hung candles on the walls.

They seem to be burning out faster and faster as the shadows of the flames seem to die out as I walk farther down into the castle. Which causes the walls to cast a larger shadow of darkness over me. The heel of my foot clicks against the floor faster when the goosebumps settle against my skin.

Why couldn't I ask Harry to walk back with me? No, no he's still rattled. Something would've happened already if I wasn't safe. I'm safe right now.

My breathing stops as I hear footsteps behind me that seem to be in a hurry.

I swallow telling myself to not look behind me and keep walking. I'm so close. I could be there in-

The voice clears his throat as he supposedly turns to the corner to me speed walking. "Oh merlin, I thought you were-"

Theo.

I continue walking towards the Slytherin common room door that was now in sight. Unfortunately his strides double mine and he now stands only a foot behind me.

"Listen, I've been wanting to talk to you." He leads on, voice low and quiet.

I hold my breath once more before putting my hand over the handle. I could get answers. I mean I wouldn't ever go to Draco again for those answers but Theo is right here.

I glance my eyes towards him but keep them still focused on the ground. He's a death eater. I can't talk to him.

"Please," He whispers desperately.

Without another thought I nod my head.

Minutes later I sit in his bedroom still and silent. His eyes are narrowed to the ground for moments until looking up at me.

"I'm sorry I kissed you weeks ago. You are with Draco, I shouldn't have."

I speak up for the first time, "Were. I mean, I was with Draco."

"I was angry at him. Angry at Pansy. Angry at everything I had to do at the break. But I shouldn't have even thought about doing what I did." He nods, standing up with his hands in his pockets.

I take a good look at him for the first time in weeks. His hair sits unbrushed, alike mine, but his eyes are drained and the smirky smile that usually rests on his is gone. His shoulders seem to sag lower and every few moments he clenches his left fist, twisting it around.

"I kissed you back. We were both in the wrong." I settle my hands into my lap awkwardly. He sways examining me until he turns to his bookshelf.

When he doesn't respond I cringe but ask, "What happened today?"

He doesn't respond immediately and runs his finger along the binding of the book he holds. "We don't know. He was angry. Very angry."