But still

Y/n pov:

We both snap up to the sound of the front door opening. I was so close to falling asleep. Dreaming is the one part I live for in the day, where it's just silent, white noise.

Draco has more power than I thought. What happened two weeks ago meant more for Hogwarts than I thought. For goodness sakes him and I are in my childhood home acting as if we both weren't about to die.

Or the fact I'm actually considering running away.

Picking up and leaving with a wanted man is something I can't comprehend. Why had he ignored me that whole time when I was 'hidden'? And what has really happened these last two weeks I may never know from Draco.

All I do know is that I don't want him to leave. Even though at the moment he absolutely has no choice, I can't picture me sending him off by himself.

Even if I do, do that I'll be alone to what? Going back to my friends and explaining to them there's more then it looks like to him and then dying fighting against the war with them?

None of it seems right or fair.

He taps my side for me to realize how bad this really looks.

I've been missing for two weeks, surely he's been notified. Now I'm sitting in my room alone with a boy. Not only a regular boy but the person who hid me in the first place and has a giant gash on his leg.

Who is also shirtless on my bed.

I feel like that might also contribute to the alarming feeling.

I try to remember if I left the kitchen light as footsteps creek up the stairs. I stand up to the doorway and to by us time I walk to the hallway.

My father's eyes lit in confusion seeing me.

"Y/n..." His voice slurs.

I swallow and push myself to say something but he interrupts me first, "You look like shit."

"Thanks, dad."

He grabs ahold of the railing, "So, come back a war hero? Kill some dragons?"

"No,"

"-Then what's the point?" He bursts out laughing as if anything he's saying makes perfect sense. "Come on you should at least give me a souvenir!"

"I was missing," My voice halts.

"Did you alert the bitches, I mean witches, who kept stopping here?!? As if I knew where you were..."

I turn my head to the open door where Draco sits on my bed now wearing his jumper, he squints at me until I look away.

"We won't even here for long," I state to my dad in front of me. "Two days at most."

"I'm not leaving!" He laughs again but then stops in a sudden movement. He takes another step up the stairs where Draco is now in full view. "Who is that?" Dad points to Draco.

Draco stands up to the best of his abilities, wipes his hands on his sweater, and approaches him.

"I'm Fred Weasley, sir." Draco holds out his hand. I widen my eyes wondering if my father has ever taken the time to actually listen when I talk about my friends. "Your daughter and I have to leave very soon to help our friends. Thankfully, Y/n won't come into combat, I'll be sure of that, and will be completely safe."

"War?" My father squints and drops his hand from shaking Draco's to take a sip of the glass bottle half empty from beer. "Who's going to war?"

"Good night, Dad." I state looking back at Draco with a harsh look. My father turns around to trudge back down the stairs.