🥀 Chapter 64 🥀

Peace or havoc? Peace. The tree of life is a myth or even sometimes called an archetype. Each item created or invented in the world has symbolism. The tree of life is an ancient symbol and there are many stories relating to this specific tree. The description of the tree, however, stays the same. It's depicted as a colossal and tall tree with branches that can touch the end of the sky and roots that can touch the ends of the ground. There are multiple branches on the tree, sometimes with leaves and sometimes the branches are bare. The branches reach out and endeavour for insight and new memories to cherish. Those memories are what help us grow and express our true natures in the way we wish they can be expressed. The branches are also tall, which show how we wish to carry on to flourish in all of the activities we do. The roots make the tree stable so that despite whatever happens to the tree, it would not move from its space. Even if hurricanes decide to devour the tree or if the grass decides to yell at the roots, the tree would always be in the same position. The roots represent confidence and comfort, they don't need to move because they are happy where they are. The roots and branches themselves have a meaning, but the tree's other features have meanings as well. Another feature is that as life goes on and years flutter by past, we should be able to strengthen our roots and branches so that we can be the best that we should be. This tree of life represents our growth as a human, demon or angel. It represents our personal development, our qualities and personality, as well as our individual beauty and distinctiveness. To be at peace with your own self, means that you can be at peace with others. Havoc. Widespread destruction across your mind mentally is utter bitterness. You forget about your branches and your roots and you feel as if you're floating in an unfamiliar area around you. You feel lost and numb and almost sick. However, it is important not to forget that we are all special and unique in our own little ways. That is something that shouldn't be taken for granted and should flourish instead. I was anything but elegant on such a platform. To walk, let alone skate, on ice was a nightmare for a beginner. I know that I'll get better and I'm already starting to improve, but I'm still struggling. I'm also not trying to surpass my limits, I don't want to cause Izuru a headache in any such way. I equally don't want to get hurt or injured either. I glanced down at my skates, they were an ombré from cerulean to lilac with the skate's logo drawn in white on the side of them. The logo was the company's name, which wasn't exactly legible with how swirly the writing was. The knot I had tied on them was starting to get loose and I would bend down to fix them if I weren't so scared of falling. Izuru told me that I was too stiff, well that would be an understatement because I haven't moved from the same spot in three minutes. I frowned and looked up, to see that Izuru was gliding gracefully on the ice. He was a professional at ice skating and to be honest, I still couldn't believe how outstandingly he could skate on the ice. His movements were soft, precise and delicate. It reminded me of a feather falling from a bird in the sky, how dainty and silky the feather is as it travels down the blue abyss above us. It descends down the sky peacefully until it's fluffy tip touches the mossy ground below and sits on it. Even if the feather falls from such a height, it still manages to land on the ground gently. Relating Izuru's skating to a feather would be the only fitting description, for it was truly magnificently beautiful. Izuru finished another jump, he was working on polishing his own skills before teaching me anything intense such as axels. Though in my own opinion, his skating did not need polishing. I hummed. Prior to polishing his skating, Izuru taught me the vocabulary on certain jumps so that I at least have some knowledge beforehand. He also told me to get used to the ice because he didn't want me to be uncomfortable. I glanced around. The ice rink was fairly small, but enough to land triple axles and salchows. The panels around the ice rink were slim slices of stone, specifically made from eudialyte. This was a rare black stone with hints of cherry red. I had never seen an ice rink made from stone panels, but then again, I have never exactly been ice skating. Around the rink, were multiple crimson, leather seats. I assume that they chose a shade of red for the seats so that it matches the stone. I glanced up, trying to seem as if I was actually doing something instead of just standing here. The ceiling was made out of white marble, but if I squinted my eyes I could see miniature speakers. That was probably for music, if a performance was commencing. I gulped. Speaking of performances, I have to choreograph one for Izuru and I. Truthfully, I have no knowledge on how to choreograph a performance but I don't want to get a low score in this competition so I'm going to have to try my best. I'm already quite anxious at the fact that I have to ice skate, so I will make this performance as simple as possible. I don't want to make the audience seem as if they're watching paint dry so I am going to have to add a jump or two. Izuru seems excellent at jumps, I just hope that I can do them.
"Thought of any choreography yet?" Izuru spoke up, while skating over to me. I minimised my thoughts before clearing my throat and looking away. To be honest, I was quite ashamed to say that I had not thought of anything. We had been in the rink for twenty minutes and all I have mastered is how to stand on the ice. My skating was improving but not as fast as I would hope. I shook my head, which made Izuru sigh in response.
"We can add a toe loop for you, if you feel comfortable enough we can make it a double toe loop but it would depend on you," Izuru mumbled to himself, while glancing around the rink. I nodded. I knew that the toe loop was the easiest jump in the skating industry and that the axel was the hardest. Izuru could do multiple different types of jumps, his favourite being the quadruple axel. He hasn't even missed a landing once.
"I feel as if I need to be more comfortable with skating first though," I sighed, feeling miserable about it. I couldn't possibly be able to master a toe loop within two hours. That was the only time we had, which meant that I had to put all of my effort into learning. Izuru checked his watch, which he had been doing quite often. I'm not too sure as to where he was going though or maybe he's waiting for someone. I don't exactly know. I shot my head down at my skates and the ice beneath them. Due to the stone panels being cut in such a manner and the headlights above me, there were multiple reflected rainbows on the ice. It almost made the whole rink more mystical than it already was. I put on a smile as I tried to skate slightly. My feet were ever so wobbly and I kept moving my arm up to balance. I'm sure that I can do a toe loop, I just need some time. Izuru skated up to the very side of me and looped my arm in his.
"I do not want you to fall so we shall try skating together," he stated firmly, as if he were indeed worried if I got injured. I merely nodded, trying to focus on how my foot movement was. I felt more comforted now that I was holding on to him. To be in the middle of the ice without holding onto anything was quite alarming for me. I frowned. I guess all ice skaters go through this, but most start at a young age or so I've heard. Izuru lead me across the ice rink, from the middle to the end where the stone was. I kept my eyes glued to my shoes, until I decided to look at how Izuru's shoes moved. He somehow managed to put all his weight in his right foot and then transferred it to his left foot. I manoeuvred my head back to my feet and tried to do the same. It seemed that if you didn't transfer your weight from one foot to the other, you would get stuck in the same place. Izuru also kept his knees slightly bent but his posture currently was rather straight. For jumps though, he tends to lean forward before lifting himself up in the air. I sighed with a frown. I truly had a lot to learn.