🥀 Chapter 26 🥀

Same or different? Same. It is the sweet, sugary pink carnation being picked out for the sweet bouquet. The pink on the carnation was the type of pink that most flowers came in, that graceful pastel pink. The petals on the carnation melted with each other, as they huddled together like it was the middle of winter. A cold breeze went past the carnation as it was simply placed delicately in the bouquet. The rest of the carnations welcoming its arrival and smiling. The chatting amongst the carnations was nothing a human could hear, it was the secret messages from flower to flower. All the talking made the pink carnation happy, it made it feel at home. The flower was the same as the other flowers, the same look, the same personality. Different. It's a different carnation being picked out for the bouquet. A yellow one was picked out in a rush. The person picking the flowers for the bouquet didn't realise this at the time and thought that the bouquet was ready for purchase. The yellow carnation felt almost infuriated for being different. For not having the same colour petals, same appearance and same personality. For yellow flowers meant happiness and pink ones meant love. However, I don't see the problem with being different. In fact, different was nice. It was unique.
I shifted my head as I closed my eyes. So all that's happened in the play is that this girl with chromesthesia- who I am positive is that lady in the framed picture- married this ordinary boy. Then they had a child. Kokichi hasn't specified any names in the story, though, so it is quite confusing. Apparently, from here it goes downhill and gets pretty bizarre.
"They haven't said any names," I mumbled. Izuru tucked some hair behind his ear and straightened his posture. My head moved a little as it was still on his shoulder, but it didn't bother me. I'm just glad he let me rest my head in the first place. I am pretty exhausted and I didn't want to just fall asleep in the middle so resting was the next solution.
"I assume it is because they fear giving out names would give away their identity," Izuru hummed. I frowned. That seems like the most reasonable answer. It's still odd though.
"The story is quite dull, though," Izuru commented. I stared at the stage, no actor had come back out yet so they haven't proceeded to the next scene. My mask shook a little on my face so I had to straighten it out again. Although, under my eyelid feels rather itchy. I hope that no glitter has gotten on it.
"What makes you say that?" I murmured. I blinked a couple of times as another light came on in the centre of the stage. Izuru stared straight ahead, too, as multiple lights came on, indicating that the next scene was starting.
"It started as your classic love story, let us see how it progresses though," Izuru stated while pointing slightly ahead. I nodded and looked at the stage. There sat a woman, at a dressing table. She looked like she was in her twenties, maybe twenty seven. Her skin though was still very pale, maybe even paler. Her eyes looked drained of life and love, they were practically empty. For such a young life, to be so empty seems awful. The woman looked at the mirror placed neatly on the dressing table. The ray of lipsticks and makeup on the table proved that she was decently wealthy. The dressing table itself was immaculate and made with the finest wood. The lady placed a dainty hand on her cheek. Her nails were a blush which contrasted with her face. She tapped her face two times and at the same time five other girls came into the room. It was as if touching her face had activated them. The girls entering the room all had the same outfit on- a cornflower blue dress with coral high-heels. Maybe they all work for the same company. The girls walked in a stern and quick manner, almost as if they were mechanical robots.
"Are there five of you and no more than five?" the main lady asked dreamily while staring into space. It was as if she were hypnotised and had lost touch of humanity. Her eyes were so transfixed on the mirror, that she didn't bother looking at the girls around her. A girl with two black pigtails nodded, her pigtails shook a little. More light came on and I could now see the whole stage. It was a bedroom. A really fancy bedroom with silk sheets and a white portable radio in the back. The girl with pigtails came up and took one of the lipsticks as the other girls scrambled to get other items such as a hair curler. One of the girls stood on the left side and held the curling iron. They took a few strands of the lady's hair and curled it. The pastel blue curl bouncing out of the curling iron as it was heated. Another girl, was putting makeup on the lady's face. They didn't apply a lot of makeup though, just a light dab of blush and some mascara. Another girl came and put a pearl necklace on the lady. Once all of the girls were done with making the lady's hair and doing her makeup, they stood in a row. The lady blinked a couple of times, getting out of her trance and stood up from her chair. Her white lace dress was puffy and seemed to annoy her. The lady looked back at the girls and smiled at them.
"Smile for me," the lady spoke up. The girls each smiled, some with their teeth and some tight lipped. The lady flipped some of her curls before expecting each of the girls. I frowned, if I were one of the girls I would feel so awkward.
"Tenko, your smile is so small, smile more," the lady stopped at the girl with pigtails. Tenko put on a brighter smile and the lady nodded. I feel like this lady is so old, yet I need to remind myself that she is most likely twenty seven.
"Call Mahiru," the lady instructed. I gasped a little, that name. Mahiru. It's even more familiar. Tenko stepped forward and bowed at the lady before smiling.
"Mahiru is with your child," Tenko responded. The lady looked at the wall for a long moment, as if she had forgotten she had a child. I shifted my wings in the seat. This lady already is so odd. I get why Kokichi called this story bizarre.
"Has the child eaten in their time limit?" the lady turned back to the girls. Tenko nodded and then stepped away from the lady and to the radio. She put the radio on and a new sound filled the room's odd atmosphere.
"The child has eaten in their time limit of thirty minutes and thirteen seconds," Tenko commented. I frowned even more. What kind of mother gives her child a time limit on eating? I understand that people can be honestly absurdly slow with eating, but a time limit seems harsh. I feel bad for the child.