🥀 Chapter 30 🥀

Negative or positive? Negative. It's a violet gameboy, sitting on a park bench. Its screen was in black and white. The screen was fairly dull and didn't look like it had been cleaned in a long time with the dust accumulating on it. The end of the screen was slightly cracked and yet, it looked like it had just been fairly used. After all, the screen was blinking with the words game over written on it. The little boy looked around the park he was situated in. No one looked like they had any interest in the gameboy. The boy hummed and scooted closer to the object. He scooted closer and closer till he was practically on the bench. He looked at the gameboy and smiled. He picked the violet gameboy up. The boy scratched on some of the stickers the object had. The stickers were colourful, which to the boy seemed childish. The stickers were also messily and carelessly put on. Although, the stickers themselves looked like bad quality. After all, they were falling off. The boy shrugged as a sticker from the object fell on the floor. He didn't bother picking it up and instead started to play with gameboy. It exited out of the screen it was currently on and selected a game. He wasn't familiar with such games on the gameboy, but he knew that he would understand how they would work further on. However, the boy became stuck on one of the games. It turned out that the owner of the gameboy was particularly good and had gotten to a high level. Since the boy had never played a game like this, he was struggling. The boy sighed in frustration as the game ended with him dying. In such frustration, he threw the gameboy on the floor. The gameboy ended up cracking in thousands of pieces. The whole gameboy had come apart, the violet pieces breaking and the stickers slipping off. The only thing that seemed in good shape was the chip the gameboy had. The boy looked at the gameboy worried. It wasn't his item after all, it was someone else's. The boy turned around and ran off. He didn't want to deal with this, the guilt that he had broken it. He broke someone else's object because he was being negative. Positive. The boy knew that certain items belonged to certain people and that gameboy didn't belong to him. So he walked away. After all if he broke it, he would be drowned in his own guilt. He didn't want that. I looked down at my shoes. They were ever so sanitary and practically shining in the light. Although, I didn't deserve such luxuries of wearing nice shoes and suits while going out with the prince. I bit my lip. There goes my negativity, once again being the only thing I hear. I didn't want to always be negative, but I was just naturally negative. After all, my father didn't pay attention to me and neither did my mother. There was only one person there who was being paid to look after me. Was I that much of a nuisance that I had to be paid to be looked after? I looked at my mother's face. Her eyelashes soft, yet stern, like her eyes and her blush on her cheeks bright, yet dull. Her lips chapped, but her smile was bright. It was odd. There was something negative about my mother's appearance. I felt a feeling in my stomach in which I couldn't describe. It was the feeling that my mother and I were more alike than I had originally thought. She was negative with despair, yet at the same time positive with hope. I tilted my head and my thoughts travelled around in a circle. If my mother was like this, I wonder what my father is like. I wonder if I am like my father or I'm like my mother. At this rate though, I think that I'm more like my mother. My mother led us out of the deep hallway and into the entrance of her manor.
"Do come again! It was wonderful and joyous having you over," my mother laughed. She brushed some of her white hair away from her ears and smiled. Her smile was bright and glimmered in the light as she opened the door. I cleared my throat and looked up to Izuru. He was awfully quiet after my mother spoke to me privately. Of course, she had given me a request and I will fulfil it. Although, the request depends on what happens at the end of the competition. It depends on whether I win or not. I gulped. Whether I win or not was quite the question. It was of course difficult to answer. I have spent so much time with him, yet I don't know if all this time has meant something to him. I am certain that it has. I am certain from the way he cares for me now it has. I think that we have grown close, but her request would only be fulfilled when I had a ring on my finger. That was the problem here.
"You remember what we talked about right, Nagito?" my mother chirped up. She said it aloud, not realising that Izuru was there and would probably get suspicious. I gulped. I couldn't possibly tell him the request. However, if I didn't tell him the request he might lose trust in me.
"Yes," I mumbled back to my mother. My mother blinked and smiled with her chapped lips. She dug her nails in her palms unnoticeably. They dug in her skin leaving sharp imprints on her hands.
"You will do just fine, Nagito! Life is made for the things that everyone deserves," my mother replied. I nodded slowly. Although, my eyes seemed hazy with concern. This was a big request, you don't just ask someone to do this. I looked down at the floor, my white hair flopping over on my eyes. A strand came onto my eye, irritating it. I don't even know if I want to do this.