🥀 Chapter 2 🥀

An angel or a demon? Angels. They are beautiful creatures that symbolise faith, trust and love. Demons. They are mysterious creatures that symbolise evilness. Evilness...is that true? If I were to see a demon would I think of evilness and despair? I would not want to get closer to someone who likes to dip their thoughts every now and then into despair. Am I judging demons based on what I have heard? I guess I am. Maybe I am completely wrong and they are not as bad as they seem. Don't judge a book by its cover. That's the lesson I learnt with Fuyuhiko. He was very rude and cold hearted to me at first, but then he warmed up. It takes some time to fully understand people and I get that. However, people do say that I am rather blunt and unconsciously rude at times. It is just my nature. That's actually one of the reasons why I am not very close to anyone. I looked at my white framed mirror. My white wings twitching slightly due to me stressing. I enjoy being an angel...but I am not exactly happy. Don't get me wrong, heaven is a magnificent place and angels are kind people. However, my happiness is like a flower. Flowers start of with a seed, a seed of hope, wishing that life will be good. Then over time the seed turns into a sapling and it grows. The flower is excited to be introduced to life and all the wonders that fill it. The stem has grown and the flower is going to bloom. The alluring petals begin to form the colour of yellow. The colour of happiness. However, even though the flower is getting cared for it slowly starts to wilt. The sunshine that once smiled upon it, now frowns. The flower's petals fall and drop miserably on the floor. Once all the petals fall, nothing is left but the mere stem. That's what my life is like. I was happy at one point but soon my happiness faded away. I do my job as an angel perfectly and Heaven offers me everything, yet I do not feel content. Was this me being selfish? It could be, but the way I see it is just that my luck has another thing better in store for me. Being able to be an angel is a blessing but falling in love is a whole new level. That is the reason I am joining the competition. To try and win Izuru Kamukura's hand in marriage, to try and fall in love with the so called heartless prince. I will probably get eliminated right away but I have high hopes. I am filled with hope and I will never let it go. Never.

•🥀•

A demon or an angel? In all honesty, I would make the competition for both of them because then it would be more interesting. However, there are already thousands of demons coming to my castle to compete and I am not interested in meeting anymore people, people being angels or demons. They are all boring anyways. The way they talk, think and move...boring. I lightly tapped my finger on the black table that was supposedly made from the finest of stone. I should have told the person who sold this to the palace that pathetic lies get you nowhere. At least make your lie a good one if you were going to lie in the first place, however, I can detect any lie so lies do not amuse me. I narrow my red eyes to the girl in front of me. This was boring and a waste of time.
"This is a nice poster isn't it?" the girl smiled. I didn't answer. Her sandy, blonde hair had a green tint to it and it was covering her left eye. A normal person would probably think that there was something wrong with her left eye, after all she was covering it. However, one glance at her and I knew that she was hiding nothing. It was just her boring hairstyle.
"Sir, please answer me. As someone who is meant to help you, I would need your cooperation," she stated.
"All the posters are not to my standards," I bluntly replied.
"I will get new ones sir," she replied while looking at the posters laying on the table.
"Very well, although I doubt they will be any better," I sighed. I looked through all of the posters. The girl didn't respond to me anymore, she knew that I only spoke to people when necessary. Each poster talked about this competition I was holding. I have no desire to get married or even form a romantic relationship. I do not need someone to be dragging me down but it would be better for the kingdom if I do have someone by my side. The kingdom needs to be ruled by two people- even though I can easily do it all on my own. Plus, someone by my side would most likely make life less boring. I am not looking for someone who is completely carefree- instead I am looking for someone with an unpredictable trait. A trait where that person never knows what will happen to them next. There are many traits that do that and there are many people in hell. It will be easy to detect an interesting person. Personally, I think an 'interesting' person is a rather anomalous remark.