🥀 Chapter 20 🥀

Madness or sanity? Madness. It's a person with a metal bat, stuck within the deep depths of a funhouse. A funhouse with multiple mirrors twisting what is reality. Even if it is just showing a distorted version of your body. A distorted reflection. The person can see themselves through the mirrors. Different versions though. They can see their body twisted as if they were a contortionist. They can see their body cut in half, as if someone had sawed them. The mirrors reflected details that are not safe or sound. It was almost as if the mirrors were showing a deplorable perception of themselves. The person held the metal bat tighter, their hands shaking a little. They didn't like what they were seeing. They didn't like the light that the mirrors were bending or the imagery the mirrors were creating. They held the bat high and swung it. They swung it with all the power they could muster. The bat hit the mirror and within milliseconds the mirror spat out little shards of glass. The shards were sharp and had pointy edges, which pierced the floor when they fell down. The mirror was no longer a mirror but a million pieces of glass. The person held the bat out once again, this time towards a different mirror and swung. They swung it harsher this time, making sure that even the mirror's shards would break. They repeated this action. Over and over again. Until the funhouse's mirrors were no longer there and the floor was covered in glass. Little, miniature shards of glass that even one's eye might not be able to see. The madness is sickening, it's unfair and atrocious. Sanity. It's the person dropping the metal bat and letting the urge of destroying the mirrors slip away. They walk away from the scene, the scene where all of their anger built up. They didn't care about what the mirrors showed because they knew who they were and no strange imagery could change that. I examined each and every one of the rings while the sound of tapping filled my ears. Specifically, Celeste tapping her finger nails against the glass. The employees had taken Izuru to another section of the building and left us two alone to have a look at the rings ourselves. I don't know why they took Izuru though. I wish that he was still here. Celeste sighed and took off her own ring and slammed it on the glass table. It made a high pitch sound that echoed throughout the jewellers. I jumped a little at the sound.
"While I am here, can I get this polished please?" Celeste plastered a smile at the employee in front of her. The employee fixed her messy brown bun and took the ring from Celeste. I gulped at Celeste's annoyance and quickly diverted my gaze from her.
"While we are here alone, might as well talk," Celeste mumbled towards me. I straightened my posture and nodded at her. She did want to talk about the incident with the blue ivy after all. She said that she was helping me, but I don't understand what she means. Am I missing a puzzle piece?
"My plan was to tell Kirumi to add the blue ivy onto the list of the scavenger hunt," she started and slid her finger across the glass as she slowly walked away from me. "By doing that, I would gain your trust or...more like having you owe me something. However, you failed my expectations and did not get the flower in the first place," she sighed dramatically while talking and glanced up at me. "If you did get the flower, I would have told you that without me you would not have gotten it. After all, I was the one who put the flower at your reach. I would then proceed with my other plan."
I furrowed my eyebrows and put my hands in my pockets while listening to the story. It sounds like Celeste had it all planned through and if it weren't for me not getting the plant in the first place, then I would have fallen into her trap. However, what is this other plan she is talking about?
"Other plan," I muttered and glanced at an employee coming down from the stairs. They were holding a gold bottle and their black wings were oddly small. The gold bottle was not painted gold or made with gold coloured plastic, but real gold. I pursed my lips together tighter. Everything here is so lavish, it would be such a shame if my luck happened to ruin something. I shuffled my feet on the white carpet beneath me, the carpet's fluff sat on the sides of my shoes.
"It is none of your concern about my other plan," she shrugged and smugly smiled. What is she thinking? The employee that was cleaning Celeste's ring came back and handed Celeste her ring in a navy, velvet box. She smiled and took the box, she opened it up to see her ring practically shining under the light. She picked it up and placed it on her finger. She lifted her hand up and examined the ring in the light as if it were the most important thing in Hell. The sound of multiple footsteps alerted my ears. I turned around and saw Izuru and some other employees walking down a couple of stairs. Finally, he's here. Now it's time for ring shopping.