🥀 Chapter 13 🥀

Accept or decline? It's a simple question, really...yet it's so important. Accept. It's the situation where you are holding a key and are in front of a mahogany door and a metal trash can, with it's lid falling off, is sitting patiently next to it. You bend down a little, knees cracking, and look at the keyhole that's engraved in the door. The keyhole is roughly cut, as some chips of wood are falling off. You close one eye and look into it, you examine it. A world, so different from what you know is behind the door and keyhole. Grass, which is the kind of green that sets free the childish self, covers your vision as you blink a little. A garden, yes that was what this is. Buttercups made the garden brighter, like street lamps lit up on a cold, foggy day. Rainbow freckles of flowers dotted the garden and joined the golden buttercups. You dart your eyes to the left, where a cherry blossom tree relaxes, prettily. It's petals flowing down and dipping in the ruffled pond below it. Silver fish darted across the pond and the sun glistened on its sharp gills for a short second. You dart your eyes to the right, where another cherry blossom tree lies. Each blossom was open like a book, it's ink making the blossom glow and excite people rather than bore them. Two doves sat on one of the branches, making sweet humming sounds. The sounds just making the garden more tempting to rush and fall into. All of this could be yours if you just open the door with the key. You take in a shaky breath, lacing with excitement and worry, and open the door. Decline. It's the situation where you are holding a key and are in front of a mahogany door and a trash can. Despite seeing what lurks behind the door, you can't help but decline it. Decline the beautiful, magical world in front of you. You open the trash can and hesitantly throw the key. You turn around, and walk away from the door. You declined the offer, you accepted the offer. That could be me in front of the door...soon. Maybe. I drew one more raspy breath and pressed the rose gold balloon to my lips. I blew into it and soon the balloon looked like what it was meant to. I sighed and tied the balloon. I dropped it and let it bounce on the floor along with the other twenty balloons. My cheeks were most likely red and my breathing felt uneven. I tucked my hand in the oddly cold packet that was filled with flat balloons and pulled another out. I frowned and pressed it against my lips. I blew into it. How many more balloons do I have? I glanced at the packet on the floor, which was hard to see with the balloon in front of me. Another ten. I scrunched my eyebrows and took the balloon out of my mouth, making sure to hold it tightly so that it doesn't burst.
"Hello Nagito!" someone exclaimed behind me. I jumped and let go of the balloon. It darted around the room rapidly, making a weird noise before plummeting onto another balloon. I growled in frustration and turned around to see the villain. Sonia stood there, hair and dress swaying. She frowned at my expression and then let out a little smile.
"I'm fairly sorry Nagito, perhaps you need a break," she insisted and took a step towards the multiple balloons. I rubbed my hands on my suit and smiled at her.
"That would be nice," I murmured and sat down on the floor. Some balloons skidded to the side as Sonia stood next to me.
"You've done a great job, preparing for a party is hard," she sighed. "I'm sorry that you were put on balloon duty."
I laughed and waved my hands in the air, innocently. She didn't have to be sorry for anything. I should be, after all I'm the one who doesn't have enough lung capacity to do this.
"It's fine, please don't apologise," I smiled at her politeness. She nodded and before I knew it she was grinning.
"Perhaps, I could be the one designing your wedding reception for you and Izuru. Maybe, I could do a yellow and blue colour theme...actually, no. It should be red and blue," she spoke seriously, while pointing her finger around the room. I blinked a couple of times before jolting up. My feet squealed against the floor.
"Sonia! Please don't go speaking so freely like that! I don't know what's going to happen," I sighed and face palmed. She frowned and looked to the left.
"You're right, he could be marrying that girl Ibuki soon for all we know. Hell would turn into its own rock and roll musical," she giggled.
"Gosh, imagine that...I'm not doubting Ibuki or anything, though. I'm just agreeing with what you're saying," I replied and picked up another balloon from the packet. The rubbery material stroked against my fingers and the smell of the balloon rushed up my nose. Just then the doors opened and Izuru walked in the ballroom.