🥀 Chapter 4 🥀

A lie or the truth? A lie can do so much damage, they build up and up. They cause a sea of despair, with a single boat rocking in the middle. The boat is rocking vigorously side to side while the undulating waves smack angrily against it. The boat gets taken away by a wave of impurity. A truth can build up trust with other people and it can help you see a clearer picture of the world. Soft waves pat the boat instead of crash against it and the boat has a safe journey. The sea is kind to the boat because the boat is kind to the sea. I examined my surrounds. Hell was...well not what I expected. A single feather flew down from the sky and landed on my face. I sneezed and looked at the feather that had sat on my nose. It was black. Just like everything else around here. A black castle stood tall and proud in the centre of the immense realm. Millions of shops and flashing lights from screens spread around me. Advertisements consumed the screens while people were bustling around with shopping bags. It was actually quite lively, Heaven was peaceful and Hell was lively. Cars honked repeatedly and the smell of pollution filled the air. Huh. Heaven and hell are very different but not as I would have thought. While Heaven appreciated nature, Hell appreciated technology. I scratched my head and turned to the wall where the portal I had come out of once was. I sighed, it was gone and there was no turning back now. Sonia had to stay in Heaven but she promised to take care of my house for me. I'm all on my own now. Suddenly, a magpie came down and sat on my fluffy hair.
"Ugh," I grumbled and tried to carefully take it off. The last thing I want is to hurt the bird. I put my hand on my head only to feel a piece of paper in its mouth. The bird spat out the paper in my hand and flew off. I ruffled my hair and looked at the paper. It had an address on it and the name Kirumi was signed on it. This must be the hotel she had booked me for the night. I smiled and headed straight down the alleyway I was in. There were multiple street signs so it shouldn't be a problem finding the hotel. Most buildings do look the same though, skyscrapers made from black, fragile glass.

•🥀•

A lie or the truth? Some lies can lead the world to hope while some truths can lead the world to despair. In the end, I do not think anyone can say which is more pure. The lie which caused the world turbulence or the lie that caused the world ease? The truth that caused the world upheaval or the truth that caused the world tranquility? Does it matter which it is? We believe what we hear and we believe what we see. That boy I saw, who was he and why did he have black wings when he clearly didn't belong in hell. It is most likely not my problem, however, that does not stop me from pondering. A soft knock came out from my door. After my little boring adventure, I retreated back to my room. It was almost as if I were a shadow to the palace guards. How boring. Shadows just merely follow what they are told to follow. Being that a human or an object. I opened my door to see Kirumi.
"Prince, I take it that you have not fallen asleep yet. I advise that you do go to bed. After all, you have a big day tomorrow. You shall be choosing your suitors," she smiled. Her eyes were bloodshot red and tired. To support the fact that she was drowsy, her knees were shaking.
"I have come to the conclusion that I will be choosing three suitors while you will be choosing the other fourteen," I spoke up. Kirumi's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to speak but I carried on. I need to get this conversation done as fast as possible. I am also getting bitterly annoyed with her.
"Do not endeavour to change my mind. Another point, thousands will be coming tomorrow and I do not wish to meet them all. Taking in this fact, I want all of the participants to be ultimates," I replied monotonously. She shakily nodded and bowed before retreating to her own room in the palace. I pushed the door gracefully and went to my closet. To be more efficient, I had ordered Kirumi to organise the closet in to section. I walked over to the section labelled nighttime with golden letters and collected my pyjamas. The silky cloth glided between my fingers. After changing, I slowly sunk into my bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day for the kingdom. Getting to know who was going to be the participants of their leaders hand in marriage must be exciting. Very well, they can be excited for what they want. Even if it is meaningless.

•🥀•

I breathed in and breathed out. I checked the time. I haven't over slept, that's a good sign, right? I frowned and looked at the grey suit I was wearing. Kirumi had gratefully given trashy me clothes to wear. She was being too kind. Although, I did sorta like the attention. Some people think that I'm odd or come off as strongly rude but honestly I think that they're just strange, acting suspicious of me. I dusted my shoulders off despite that there was no dust on them. Suddenly, a loud banging noise came from the door. What was that? My now black wings twitched a little while I walked up to the hotel door. It's so early in the morning. Why is someone here? I opened the door to see Fuyuhiko. His arms were crossed and he had the most angriest expression on his face.
"So you arrive and you don't tell me?" He yelled at me, then shook my shoulders. "What is wrong with you?" he growled. His face was practically red with anger.
"I didn't know where you were!" I muffled. He stopped shaking me and sighed.
"Whatever. Come on now, let's quickly do the brotherhood cup and then we can go to the palace. Peko is waiting in a car downstairs," he replied and then walked into my hotel room. He was holding a bottle of water in his right hand. The bottle's water shook side to side as he walked over to cabinet in my room. He took out two glasses and poured the water in them.
"Ready?" he asked.
"Ready."